Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well due to Hunter dying it looked all lonely with only 3 rats. so we went out and bought another 3 today..

Jez in his house

Jez and Ethan getting used to the other rats.

And finally Polo... our dumbo cross.

The only thing is that Polo doesn't seem to want to get on with any of the other rats and screeches and pushes them away from him right now. Anyone know how to make him better as he was ok with the others until the last 10 minutes.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
aaaaaaaaw hehe love the one lookin outta his house lmao...stood on his back legs lmao

and OMG....Polo is sooooo clever!! Wat was he watchin on tv?

Nat xx

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He was watching Home Improvement on abc 1 :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
THE DUMBO BOY IS GORGEOUS!!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it was 1 by 1... but he's getting better now.. still a little scared but not hiding away and attempting to go near the other rats.

·
Registered
508 Posts
:D :D awwwww what sweeties, Polo's a real cutie (love Dumbo's) and whats that he's playing with..... no surely not Hammerman's remote

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahahah no its my actual TV remote.. and we know that as we can see it :lol: :lol:

But the bad news is Polo doesnt get on with the other rats at all. But were not taking him back to the shop as hes too friendly with us.. so hes now a free roaming rat.... just lives in the bedroom and sleeps on the desk.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Well the desk is far enough away from the bed for him not to want to jump off, and he seems quite happy (although he does like standing on the garter snakes' tank :? )

And Pimp, not only is he dumbo, he's a rex! Woo haaa! I like to call him Windowlicker, cos he looks a bit... special :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Not as common as normal petshop hooded rats which is what the others are, but I'm sure there'll be some in your local area. Ain't he just the sweetest??!!

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Hes lovely :) Im going to keep a eye out for some on the web sites hopefully some breeders might turn up in my area. I will ask pimperella if she knows of any too. She lives pretty close by and breeds rats.

I dont think I would trust my rats to roam free. They attack the cats through the bars as it is, I wouldnt like to think how it would be if they was all running round together. :lol:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Yeah, we have to keep the door closed all the time cos of the dog (she's part jack russell, and does not mix well with ratties!) and close the window when we go out... just in case :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Are you going to try find him a friend or leave him on his own? Maybe he wants another dumbo rat to play with or maybe that would just be my excuse to buy more :lol:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Well he was on his own in the shop, they say it's cos his cage mate was sold, but I get the feeling his school report would say "does not work well with others" so don't really want to fork out another £8 for a rat with issues!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts