Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to put the feelers out if anyone can give me any advice/recommendations for a new reptile to keep?
I’ve currently got a Veiled Cham, Australian Water Dragon, Bearded Dragon & Leopard tortoise.
My bearded dragon is a juvenile, I’ve just built a new 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Vivarium for him and I have his old Vivarium going spare and I want to fill it!
I’ve got all the relative equipment, thermostats, controllers etc… appreciate any viv will need to be adapted, substrate purchased etc but I have the fundamentals there!
The Vivarium is 115cm L x 49cm H x 50cm W.
I know this is a little bit on the smaller side, but I wondered if anyone could give some input on something that could live comfortably in this Vivarium.
Unfortunately, my missus has said no to any form of snake (as I would absolutely love a ball python!)
Cheers all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ball python would be you're best bet. I drove my wife and daughter to a convention. Bought a ball python, now my wife cant get enough of it. We are going to buy a second ball python.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Find some species you like and research if they are suitable, or ask if they are. There's many species on the market and everyones tastes differ, suggestions aren't really the way forward in my opinion as you probably won't like what I (and maybe others) like

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
I can never understand the logic when someone says no to a lizard or a snake when there are already several reptiles in the house !

As Liasis mentions, we can tell you what to get, and there are situations where what we could suggest, whilst suited to the size of enclosure is not practical for other reasons (such a venomous). It's what ever appeals to you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can never understand the logic when someone says no to a lizard or a snake when there are already several reptiles in the house !

As Liasis mentions, we can tell you what to get, and there are situations where what we could suggest, whilst suited to the size of enclosure is not practical for other reasons (such a venomous). It's what ever appeals to you.
TELL ME ABOUT IT!

·
Registered
13,204 Posts
Ball python would be you're best bet. I drove my wife and daughter to a convention. Bought a ball python, now my wife cant get enough of it. We are going to buy a second ball python.
Totally agree with the post above !!

Take her to a local reptile store and let her hold a couple of Royal pythons ... she will be hooked on how beautiful they are to look at and handle .

Then just ensure you buy a good eater .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts