1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
OMG that is so cute:flrt:.u should be known as the tokay whisperer:whistling2:

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
He is such a lovely colour and has such a sincere face...
ps I can see your nose hair :lol2:

·
Registered
728 Posts
awww hes soooo cute i really really want a tokay n these pics are makin me want one more lol. Need to do a fair bit more research 1st n need to find a CB tokay breeder :whistling2:

Seen aload of tokays in pet shops dirt cheap but am i right in thinkin these are probally WC ones? even if some of them didnt say that?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you do a booger check before taking the pics?

He is a stunning example of the breed.
Cheers mate and no i didn't do a booger check lol so i guess i was lucky this time lol
awww hes soooo cute i really really want a tokay n these pics are makin me want one more lol. Need to do a fair bit more research 1st n need to find a CB tokay breeder :whistling2:

Seen aload of tokays in pet shops dirt cheap but am i right in thinkin these are probally WC ones? even if some of them didnt say that?
Usually they are WC in pet shops and alot more skitish and tricky to settle in etc, all the usuall probs with snatching one from the wild and keeping it in a box and NO i haven't got any babies lol, shouldn't be too long though, i think at least one of my females is gravid, woo hoo. also if they were CB they would advertise the fact and would be around 40-50 quid in a shop, 35-40 from a private breeder.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Cheers mate and no i didn't do a booger check lol so i guess i was lucky this time lol

Usually they are WC in pet shops and alot more skitish and tricky to settle in etc, all the usuall probs with snatching one from the wild and keeping it in a box and NO i haven't got any babies lol, shouldn't be too long though, i think at least one of my females is gravid, woo hoo. also if they were CB they would advertise the fact and would be around 40-50 quid in a shop, 35-40 from a private breeder.
Yeah they were about 15 - 20 quid, with a warning on the viv saying they bite lol. I'm not looking for one just yet I'm concentrating on my beardies for time being plus gotta research them a bit more aswell.

I think they are gorgeous.

Oh n i like the little addition of ginner in the last pic u posted lol

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah they were about 15 - 20 quid, with a warning on the viv saying they bite lol. I'm not looking for one just yet I'm concentrating on my beardies for time being plus gotta research them a bit more aswell.

I think they are gorgeous.

Oh n i like the little addition of ginner in the last pic u posted lol
lol, yeah there is quite a bit of research to do on them, people think its a simple as getting temps right and lobbing them in and its alot more complicated, yeah they will live as they are very hardy but to get them happy you need thermal gradients, humidity gradients, good ventilation etc etc, i made my own care sheet and it ended up being 34 pages long lol

·
Registered
728 Posts
lol, yeah there is quite a bit of research to do on them, people think its a simple as getting temps right and lobbing them in and its alot more complicated, yeah they will live as they are very hardy but to get them happy you need thermal gradients, humidity gradients, good ventilation etc etc, i made my own care sheet and it ended up being 34 pages long lol

:gasp: 34 pages!! ouch. Gonna be reseraching a long time then i think lol! will be worth it tho i'm sure :2thumb:

Thank u : victory:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:gasp: 34 pages!! ouch. Gonna be reseraching a long time then i think lol! will be worth it tho i'm sure :2thumb:

Thank u : victory:
Yeah i haven't posted it on here cos i'm thinking of having it published as it huge and contains everything you will ever need to know on tok's, its even too big to e-mail lol its about 25MB as its got a lot of illustrations to aid sexing, housing etc.
most arent that big though,

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
gorgeous Tokay looks like he's on something with thsoe wide eyes bless him.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gorgeous Tokay looks like he's on something with thsoe wide eyes bless him.
Hahaha yeah, i take pictures in low light with the Mrs's fancy camera so i don't hurt their eye's, flashes are bad and they are most comfortable in low light being nocturnal so its the best time to get pics but they do look mashed lol.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Rocky is gorgeous :)

Nice pics mate x

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 55 Posts