Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
We have just got back from the petshop after purchasing two more red bellies and 3 stenos, we got a third one as it was really very thin and we felt sorry for it as it obviously wasnt feeding properly, now we have tried feeding it a very tiny mealie worm but it didnt want it, although it has drank some water off our finger and had some calcium powder, does anyone have any ideas of how to get this little one to eat? how to fatten it up? and what may help to get it back to health?
I have seperated it and placed it inside a small tub with bowls of calcium, water and a few mealies by its side, it is still on the heat mat, thought it might help.
Will upload a pic soon.
Please reply if you know anything as I dont want to lose this one :(
thanks

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please help :(
she isnt moving at all, just lying there.
I read somewhere on here that someone mushed up wax worm and fed them to their animal using a pippet, does anyone think this would work?

·
5,234 Posts
If you have waxworms, then try them. If you cut the end of the worm, and dab the insides on his nose, he should lick it off.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
stenos are wild caught, this one could be a) old, b)parasite ridden. Try getting some panacur and worming, keep it hydrated and get hold of some teeny crickets. also getting hills a/d convalescing diet from your vet and dabbing it on the geckos nose until it licks it off. also keep it on its own in case of parasites/bullying.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
stenos are wild caught, this one could be a) old, b)parasite ridden. Try getting some panacur and worming, keep it hydrated and get hold of some teeny crickets. also getting hills a/d convalescing diet from your vet and dabbing it on the geckos nose until it licks it off. also keep it on its own in case of parasites/bullying.
do not try worming the steno yet as it will surly die. Having seen pictures last night, it is extremely skinney one of the worst i've seen and i've delt with very fresh imports. Keeping using the formula i gave you last night, along with the wax worm method and they should start taken today.

You have another PM as well, let me know if the infor i gave you last night is working.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks every one for your help with the geckos, unfortunately the smallest one died tonight :( she was too ill and undernourished, least she had a couple of days where people were caring for her and looking after her properly :( its a real shame :( gona miss her!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts