Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ive got a corn and had one for a couple of months and i am looking for a new snake any ideas? one that can be handled without stressing thanx all

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
yeah, more corns(you can never have enough), theres plenty to choose from. Or maybe a king or milk snake, maybe everglades, great plains or bairds ratsnake :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
king snake is a good choice but if you want something a little more involved then a royal would also be a good choice.......you could go for a western hognose if you dont have much space just dont let it chew on you for 5 mins! :lol:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I Have a young Bairds Rat Snake and would highly recommend one to you.
Its my first snake so can't comment on anything else.

Mine is fantastic. Great temprement, never even attempted to get cranky not even when handled coming up to a shed.

Spends most of its time out in the viv and likes to climb and sit on top of the branch or fake leaves.

Read in care sheets about there like to climb and this was one reason I chose a Bairds over a corn.

Ive not been disapointed so far.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
corns corns corns...or a small boa....or python...lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
personally id say stick to corns for a while longer or king snakes, rat snakes. as its already been said royals can be fussy eaters :)

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Rosy Boa's make geat additions to a collection,and stay an easy size to manage

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
African House Snakes are suposed to be dead rewarding to keep. I was going to buy a pair. Easy to breed aswell.
Corns ar cool. Kings rock. Sand Boa? Rosy Boa are nice snakes also (love the coastal rosy).

·
Registered
767 Posts
If you have only been keeping snakes for a couple of months i suggested to stick with the one you have got for a while, when new hobbyists such as your self getting into keeping reptiles there is a need to power buy all of a sudden which can not be the best of ideas.

I have listed below what i think may be good suitable 2nd chocie snakes.

- hognose
- all kings snakes
- colombian rainbow boa
- spotted python
- everglade,yellow and bairds ratsnake
- rosy boa
- royal python ( for this one make sure you purchase a strike feeding royal/ball as they can be fussy feeders and in my opinion need to be strike feeders before you should consider purchasing one).

Good luck with what you decided on.
Lee

lhreptiles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts