Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoo, I had 2 new arrivals brought over this morning, a gorgeous pair of bullsnakes. They're both lovely and handleable and a good size, both over 6ft, the female is probably a good 7ft :D Big chunky guys.

I did take pics but now I cant find the camera cable, so those will have to wait :roll: Any ideas for names?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
congrats on the new snakes :)

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed Simon, they are very underrated? The male had a bit of a huff at me, but he's shedding so thats fair enough! The female is supposedly more feisty but she was very well behaved too. Shame my pines werent as well behaved though, the poor guy didnt fancy handling those :lol:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Bulls & Pines?
I have come across a rare person of good taste! I don't understand why they aren't more popular as a second snake,as they are a good size to handle ,feed well and as long as you put the time in good natured.
I am picking up a snow bullsnake and a couple of 100% hets hopefully next month and they are stunning,yet the guy who bred them has struggled a bit to sell them! I blame all the royal python keepers,i dont know why,i just do!
only kidding!

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohhh snow bulls! Im jealous! I agree theyre fantastic snakes, and Im surprised the bull morphs havent attracted more interest. Have you seen the ones Charles Thompson has at Snakes N Adders? Some gorgeous animals there.
The guy I bought these from said he was a week away from giving them to a reptile rescue he was so desperate for the space, he has been advertising them for months and barely asking anything for them :?
Some people have no taste - we are the fabulous exception though :lol:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I spoke to the guy that you got them from last week and would have taken them but i couldn't get up to lancs as it was too far,and he told me the same! I am glad they have gone to a another fan of "pituophis"
if you want to get into the bullsnake morphs let me know and ill give you the details of the private breeder i know,he is much cheaper than the shop you mentioned and has all morphs and hets, so a good cheap way to produce snows etc..
simon

·
Registered
398 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the Bulls Pendle hog, they are good snakes to keep. Just be careful with them at feeding times. I had many happy years with them and I'm sure you will.
I dont think handling your pines would have been too much trouble for me, but it was clear he wasn't up for handling. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS The hoggies are settling in just fine. :) :) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts