Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some new slings today! Yay!
5 x Thrixopelma Pruriens
5 x Cyriocosmus Elegans
4 x Ceratogyrus Darlingi
4 x Yamia sp "Koh Samui"

Ceratogyrus Darlingi are definitely my new favourite sling, they are so cute and chunky! The Elegans are little stunners, they're tiny, only about 1cm and already they have the coloured carapace, faint tiger stripes on the bum and the little loveheart is already clear! :)

PICS!
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/spider-invert-pictures/269560-new-spideys-d.html

Checked on my other Pruriens slings (make sure they're not jealous hehe) and I swear one of those little guys is on steriods. My AF is the slowest calmest most docile thing ever, the baby is like greased lightning! I just picked up the tub and it did 20 thousand laps. It escaped last time! VVVRRRROOOOM! hopefully these new babies will be a bit slower :)

And if anyone has any hints for keeping Yamia sp 'Koh Samui' I'd be greatful, I have googled and can't seem to find a caresheet for them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
And if anyone has any hints for keeping Yamia sp 'Koh Samui' I'd be greatful, I have googled and can't seem to find a caresheet for them
Ok, you might need to sit down for this as it gets really complicated.
1.Get a ceral container
2.Make small drainage holes at the bottom and air holes at the top for ventilation.
3. Fill up with what ever substrate you are useing (I use a moist mix of sand/bait earth and coco fibra stuff) to about 3 quarters full.
4. Make a hole in the substrate going straight down as a pre-start burrow
5. Add spider
6. Put on lid
7. Put whole thing where you want it ,out of direct sunlight.
8. Post on this forum lots of times complaining that you never see you spider anymore!

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, you might need to sit down for this as it gets really complicated.
1.Get a ceral container
2.Make small drainage holes at the bottom and air holes at the top for ventilation.
3. Fill up with what ever substrate you are useing (I use a moist mix of sand/bait earth and coco fibra stuff) to about 3 quarters full.
4. Make a hole in the substrate going straight down as a pre-start burrow
5. Add spider
6. Put on lid
7. Put whole thing where you want it ,out of direct sunlight.
8. Post on this forum lots of times complaining that you never see you spider anymore!

Cheers
Chris
Excellent ok, I've printed that off and highlighted '8' so I don't forget :)

I don't have holes at the bottom, I'm using coir and its about 2-3cm deep (slings are about 1.5cm). Will this do? Obviously they'll get deeper substrate as they grow, but is it worth giving them more now?

What sort of humidity do they like?
I've got them 'quite' humid. Not as humid as the Darlingis, but not as dry as the brachys.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Cool aditions, will be adding another 7 species to my collection next week :lol2:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Aw they're cute!
Love the C.elegans, they are gorgeous! :D Bet your chuffed with them :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Not heard of any of those species mate, good luck with them.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, yeah I am dead chuffed :)

I can't wait til they grow!
Well.... except maybe the darlingi.... they are such incredibly cute slings and I believe they are 'a bit grumpy' when they get bigger! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts