Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought some fat-tail geckos on Sunday! :D They are absolutely beautiful. They have such an air of charm about them! <3

I got a male and a female. They're about 4 months old.

I've got them in a medium sized contico box (bit smaller than a faunarium) with 3 hides, 1 in warm end, 1 cool end & 1 moist. They are all big enough for them to both go in which they have been doing. They've got water and a dish of calcium, temperature in warm end is at 85 degrees.

I tried feeding them last night so could let them settle for a couple of days, but they weren't bothered. Fed them in the dark with a small torch in my hand so could watch them. The breeder I got them off says fat-tails aren't as quick to hunt as leos. He fed them on 4th size browns which I tried them with and also popped a couple of waxes in with them but still not hungry.

They're probably still settling in but my baby patternless leo that I got on the same day from same man ate four hoppers on Monday and 6 crickets yesterday!

I seem to attract fussy feeders :roll: Not that I mind, but I worry about them :?

Any one alse own fat-tails? Any similar problems? Was thinking of getting some avi-pro to perk their appetite up.

Any comments much appreciated :)

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
I own a fat tailed. Its true they arnt as fast as leopard geckos. I put the crickets in the fridge and then feed them one by one. He usually gets through around 8. Give them a couple of more days as they might still be settling in, they seam abit more shyer then leos but I prefare fat tailed over leos anyday and make super tame reps.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tombraider.

They are gorgeous aren't they? Been looking for some for a couple of months now so was so chuffed when we went to The Snake Shop in Sheffield and they had some. All the striped ones had gone but the normals I got are just perfect. :D

Well I'll give them a few more days then bless them. Wish me luck :)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
my two refused to eat for a 15 days before finally eating. so i wouldn't be too worried at the mo.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goods news.

The fatties had eaten all the crickets by morning! They were obviously just a little shy! :)

They've eaten two days running now so hopefully they'll continue.

Many thanks for all advice :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts