Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm so excited my python ate for the first time for me last night. I've only had him 3 days now and he's super happy with the tank. What's better is that I was told the snake was a WC specimen, but when I fed him last night he didn't even strike the mouse I gave it, nor did he coil around his prey. Simply looked it over really well and then slowly ate it. Afterwards it went straight to the water dish where I watched him dive under water and immediately start drinking! I have never seen a snake drink when completely submerged. He soaked for about 3 hours after his meal, again something I've never witnessed a snake do.

So I changed my tank setup for my White Lipped Python again. Added a different heat lamp and added a temp controller to make sure the temp's never get above 91 degrees. Also put the tubing for the drip system inside the tank, added some foliage, and just in general pimped the shit outa it :lol2:

Here is the video of the tank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1B2u-81G3o

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Ive never noticed mine soak for long times....I still think you need a fecal sample doing to be on the safe side

but kudos for getting it feeding so quickly: victory:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to get one done as soon as I have the money. Although I have seen 1 large turd so far and it looked pretty normal to me. No sign of worms or anything unusual. I sure hope he's ok...

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
I'm going to get one done as soon as I have the money. Although I have seen 1 large turd so far and it looked pretty normal to me. No sign of worms or anything unusual. I sure hope he's ok...
Its rare for you to see any parasites such as motile flagellates,strongyloides and so on.

I am sure he will be fine, there a very hardy python speices: victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts