Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Okay so lets go back a few weeks ago.. I rescued two lepord geckos. A male and a female. I was only suppose to be getting the female but at the last minute the guy included the male and everything else. He told me he had bred them before "proven breeders" but I wasn't interested in breeding I just wanted to give them a good home. When I got them they were housed in the same enclosure and I separated them and gave them their own enclosures. Fast forward maybe a week I check on them in the morning when I'm feeding my bearded dragon and the male is asleep but the female seemed restless so I kept an eye on her through out the day. Then there were eggs... two to be exact. So I got them warm and started googling and youtubing as much as I could to find out what I could do to keep these little guys alive. (I checked if they were fertile and they both look to be since I can see little veins crisscrossing the egg. So here's my my home-made incubator... plastic container with perlite sitting on top of a reptile heating pad that's connected to my thermostat and I have the temp at 81. I also have a thermostat that reads humidity. Right now the temp is at 80.7 degrees and the humidity is at 80 degrees.

One of the eggs look.. healthy? it's not as white as it was but it's still keeping it's shape and seems okay but the other egg has sadly dented and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm working on a new incubator that consist of an ice cooler that has a submerged fan (so there's no hot spots) and a fish tank submerged heater. I would place the eggs on a rack above the water and the container would have perlite in it but dry and there would be holes inside of the egg container on the side. I found the idea on youtube but apart of me is scared to transfer them from what I have now inside of the new one I made cause it might be worse...

I really need some advice I keep second guessing myself. I'm sure I've already lost one egg I don't want to lose the other one. Can someone give me some tips? Am I doing this right or am I failing as miserably as I feel I am... :bash:

Thank you I'm sorry it was such a long read >.<

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Eh..

Since I'm not sure how to edit my last post I figured I'd include pics of my old and new incubator set up so everyone sees what I'm working with.

The Old (Using currently)

The new ( Trying to get the temp/humidity levels right )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
T_T

I'm not sure how to delete my post but both eggs dented.. I'm going to keep them but I think both babies sadly died..

If anyone can tell me how to delete my posts I'd appreciate it..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts