Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!! Just wanted to intro myself, name's Ali and we are the very proud owners of a beautiful pueblan milksnake. We got her in April and i'd love more but space and cost dictate otherwise :lol2: We're not having any problems with her but i can't seem to find out what her weight and length should be. I know they're all different but she's doubled in size since we go her which i'm glad about as she looked too small to me. Anyhow, she's about 15 months old and her last shed measured 29 inches. Would be grateful for any input, thanks a lot
Ali

·
Registered
385 Posts
sounds pretty good to me but i'm no authority on milks :welcome:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Hiya and welcome, pueblans are slim snakes, I dont weigh mine but the easiest way to tell if they are the right weight for the size is by imagining a cross section slice of the snake. If it is a pyramid shape then too thin, if its a round or loaf of bred shape then about right, if it looks like an omega symbol with spreading at the bottom then too fat. Also where the vent is if they have hips they are again too fat. Pueblans are little pigs and are rarely too thin but can become too fat. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
13,984 Posts
29 inches at fifteen months sounds about right. As for the weight, at such a young age it shouldn't be an issue, as long as she isn't under weight. As long as she is nice and rounded then everythings cool.

·
Registered
781 Posts
:welcome: as long as its skin isnt to loose then its weight is fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts