Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
There was a shipment brought in recently, and these look like they are from that landing. Mine were from a previous shipment are are much more orange. They are excellent toads and I love the little spines and the tough head crests around the eyes.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
There was a shipment brought in recently, and these look like they are from that landing. Mine were from a previous shipment are are much more orange. They are excellent toads and I love the little spines and the tough head crests around the eyes.
Two of mine have quite a lot of red- especially the female. The male has a nice red throat.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Had the reddest/orangest ones. Sorry.
Tell me that rack isn't full of phibs :mf_dribble: :lol2:

I've always wondered about something like this for toads, being terrestrial, but I'd want Uv tubes etc and it'd be a right faff

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Tell me that rack isn't full of phibs :mf_dribble: :lol2:

I've always wondered about something like this for toads, being terrestrial, but I'd want Uv tubes etc and it'd be a right faff
no. I built a 24 tub one for my boas but on the second set i use many for roaches, millipedes, snails, salamanders and these toads. I dont use the plastic lids when housing the snakes but the inverts and amphibians get the plastic lid as it keeps condensation in the tubs rather than on the glass sheets i use to mount the mats.

just to say they do have moss and hides in there, this was a quick set up.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
i'm on record as hating RUBs anyway, but half the interest in toads is watching them do stuff- why bother?
Mine are for work. I dont have much room in my reptile room for tanks and this is perfect to house them until they are needed. sometimes space is in question.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
i'm on record as hating RUBs anyway, but half the interest in toads is watching them do stuff- why bother?
To fit more in !!! :lol2:
I was thinking more along the lines of using glass or clear acrylic tubs so I could see em.

Reactions: BenjaminBoaz

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Mine are for work. I dont have much room in my reptile room for tanks and this is perfect to house them until they are needed. sometimes space is in question.
To fit more in !!! :lol2:
I was thinking more along the lines of using glass or clear acrylic tubs so I could see em.
I get the point, but I do really prefer them in vivs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.