Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictures of the new arrivals as promised :)

Saphie (short for Sapphire) was my first little tort, yesterday Saphie's full sisters came to live with her. Tanzi (short for Tanzanite, another blue gem) is the same age as Saphie and Pinky (the breeders nickname which suits her) is a year older. Pinky belongs to my son Elliot who decided he'd much rather have her than a corn snake (phew I say). No need for quarantine as they all lived together before Saphie came to live with us.

Oh and you'll notice I've changed back to hemp for my indoor table... I really, really didn't like sand/soil indoors as it stuck to eyes and dried out far too quickly no matter how much I sprayed/watered it. I also noticed a huge difference in Saphie on it - far less active and didn't want to eat. Have spoken to quite a few others (not on this forum) who changed to sand/soil and have now changed back for the same reasons.

Anyway, on with the pics :D

Meeting for the first time in the bath:

First time in the table together... playing follow the leader:
(The leader being Saphie who is making it very clear that it was her table first and the other two have had a few nips to remind them :( especially Pinky)

Circle time:

How I found them first thing this morning... all waking up in a little row:

Elliot bonding with Pinky:

Sisters reunited: :flrt:

All three basking together, left to right - Saphie, Tanzi, Pinky:

Also pics of my new outdoor enclosure which I promised to post:

Huge thanks to Littlefoot for such a fab building job... hope you got the scratches off your car :(

Too cold out there today for them though so I'm having a lovely lazy time watching them potter about in their table. They are just lovely :love:

·
Registered
724 Posts
That outdoor enclosure is brilliant, did you build it or buy it?

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their outdoor enclosure is fab!

Glad you got pinky, was nicing meeting you and elliot yesterday.

Pinky, Tanzi and Saphie are gorgeous!

Josh
It was lovely to meet you too Josh, it was a lovely get together and so nice to meet new people who I've only spoken to via the net before.

That outdoor enclosure is brilliant, did you build it or buy it?
Built by Littlefoot from my plans... which got modified along the way lol... isn't it fab? Being on castors means I can move it so it's always in full sunshine as well.

·
Registered
724 Posts
so jealous, I have contacted the breeder of my torts today - just waiting for a reply. Dont suppose theres any chance of a copy of those plans tina? that would be great

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so jealous, I have contacted the breeder of my torts today - just waiting for a reply. Dont suppose theres any chance of a copy of those plans tina? that would be great
PM'd you :)

Aw nice Tina.
So.. When can i steal them?:whistling2:
:( you can't steal my babies... you can come and tort sit while I go on hol though :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
Time to update your sig, you cant leave the new arrivals out! :lol2:

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
did you quarenteen them?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Aww they look so good together.

I really wish I had got two when I got freddie and that the lady georgie came from had contacted me about the other one she had. I still wonder if she has it in that small viv :cry:

·
Registered
199 Posts
awwww they are all wonderfull...you lucky thing.

we love you outdoor enclosure, littlefoot should set up a buisness building then....i for 1 would buy one!!

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
It says in my initial post hun. They are both full sisters to my original one and lived together until my first one came to me.
ahh i see sorry :razz:

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
They are gorgeous Tina and what a joy to watch I bet - Saphie is showing whose boss then !!!

The enclosure is great too.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts