Reptile Forums banner

New tropical planted community tank

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  BornSlippy 
#1 ·
Hi guys just wanting to see what all you guys think of my new aquarium which I purchased from pets at home along with the cabinet, the tank is a aqua one aquanano 130.... Had a few issues with the pump not fitting behind the back filter panel properly but with a bit of rigging and messing about I've managed to sort it out. Also the pump is way to power for the small filter section at the back and drains it all in no time but I just simply removed the two carbon cartridges and all is well now

BUT YOU HAVE GOT TO AGREE THAT ITS A BEAUTIFUL TANK/STAND

This was when I eventually assembled to cabinet/stand which is extremely strong and sturdy and before I applied the filter etc etc

I have 5 live plants in there unsure on there names but they look pretty good and a sweet piece of driftwood with a bounced up plant growing nicely on it.
For substrate I used jbl manado which filters and enhances plant growth, it also look really pretty with the contrast of the green leaves and stones I've applied

Please excuse all my trainers lol

This was a few weeks later of applying substrate, plants and stones and at this point it had a few fish in

Fish I have in at the moment

15 galaxy rasboras - starting to school up nicely
4 amano shrimp - grew quite a bit already
3 Burma danios - caught by accident as the were mixed with galaxy's
3 red shiners - extremely pretty fish
3 Pygmy corydoras
2 black corydoras - so pretty
2 albino corydoras
1 peppered corydoras
1 bronze corydoras - as for all these corys, well i just love corys lol
1 blue ram
1 gold ram
1 bamboo shrimp - cool character
1 baby cherry shrimp - accidentally caught with the Pygmy corys and unsure if still got it
1 bulldog pleco
1 Whiptail catfish
1 Siamese fighter

Although it seems a lot of fish if you look in you would not think there was that many in there lol

There will be more tank and fish pictures to follow tomorrow as the lights are off now

Please tell me what you would like to see or know more about
AND PLEASE SHOW YOUR PLANTED COMMUNITY TANKS OFF
Hope you enjoy
Cheers Michael

See less See more
#2 ·
Front view

A few of my large school of galaxy rasboras

Peppered Cory

Bamboo shrimp hiding away whilst chilling in the current

3 of 4 of my amano shrimp

Most of the Cory crew

Burma danio

Electric blue ram

Siamese fighter and Pygmy corys

Bulldog pleco

Side view

The three Pygmy corys

There's other but most where too fast lol

#5 ·
It's more them getting enough to eat. They are so tiny that one day they might look fine and the next completely gone. I've kept pygmies, dwarf and salt n pepper (what yours are) and salt n pepper are the hardest to care for. Even in a tank with just cherry shrimp and galaxy rasboras they never really thrived. They need pristine water conditions too. I would suggest getting at least another 3 more if you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.