Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I thought about starting a national database to help people and organisations find new homes for reptiles they can no longer care for themselves. After hearing the tragic news of Steve Irwin i decided i needed to do something to help the herping world in his memory, so I am going ahead with the idea. The Database is now up and live, so if anyone has, or knows of any reptiles that need a new home, please help this Database become a success and help keep the memory of Steve alive. Reptile Rescue Centres and Associations are also urged to place their 'tennants' onto the Database also, to help finding new homes for them.
The Database is completely free to use, whether you are rehoming, or looking to rehome a rep.

Please help me to make this thing work!

Click on the link, and follow the site links to the rehoming page.....

http://www.iansvivarium.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Thank you

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not a cross over with D's, as hers takes in reps. Mine is another place for the many kind hearted people like D to let others know what they have for rehoming. Think of it as more exposure to help reps find a new home.

(read the FAQs!!!!!!)

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Time to trawl this thread back up methinks!

The rehoming database has been fairly succesful in that quite a few reps have found new homes, but theres not as many people using it as I'd originally hoped :)

The site stats are telling me its a popular page thats visited, so there are plenty of people viewing the page ;)

so, for all the new rescue people that have joined the forum since, or for anyone else who helps out and takes reps in, there is this great resource there for you to use, completely free of charge, no strings attached.

the link is: :: Ians Vivarium - Worldwide reptile rehoming database ::

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Has a look and looks good, might be worth contacting rehoming agencies such as Proteus and other ones of this list REPTILES, TORTOISES, TURTLES

If you get on board then more people are likely to use it. If it does expand i think having the adds with categories will make it easier to look through. Could split them with geographical location, species etc.

Looks good and hope it works out. Get the word out there, publicity is a very powerful tool.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has a look and looks good, might be worth contacting rehoming agencies such as Proteus and other ones of this list REPTILES, TORTOISES, TURTLES

If you get on board then more people are likely to use it. If it does expand i think having the adds with categories will make it easier to look through. Could split them with geographical location, species etc.

Looks good and hope it works out. Get the word out there, publicity is a very powerful tool.
Cheers Zak :) I'm already listed on the site you linked to ;)

·
Registered
4,281 Posts

Rescues such as Proteus wouldnt be eligible for the site, as they charge a re homing fee. Looks a good site.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't mind genuine rehoming organizations asking for a rehoming fee, they have to cover their costs at the end of the day.
That clause is there to discourage individuals from making money from rehoming - theres an adverts section for money making ;)

Maybe I should make it clearer? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.