Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thankyou so much for David123 for keeping these for me when others were biting his hand off!! lmao

Ive got my Uro's so here's some pics..

Male Hardwiki (wanted out on my hand)

Spike the male Acanth..

and the female Hardwiki..

and all 3...

They were housed together before and they get along fine...pretty much ignore each other. i am building two vivs later this week and will be separating them eventually and sorting some things out. :)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Wow! Jinx they are luuurrrvely!!! Would love to have some of those if I had space :(

Where abouts in Devon are you by the way? I'm in exeter.

Han

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work in Exeter but i live in Teignmouth. I am hoping to breed the Hardwiki's next year, depending on females health, weight and ...luck as i dont think they are the easiest to breed! lol

·
Registered
516 Posts
Oh yeay! I love knowing people are around that breed and love reps!

I was just lookign at your pic's of your rankins and vittikins - I've got 2 female rankins that are onyl about 3 months old so still quite small but are so entertaining. Loving that pic where they are all lined up sitting on eachother!!

Han

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well maybe we can meet up sometime. My rankins are'nt that old either, they are about 5 months old, ive had them for 4 and a half months though. So not that long, but long enough to know them and their habits. lol
One of my vittikins dragons, a little female (who is actually for sale), has taken on the Rankins habit of digging, she's trying to bury herself like the rankins. lmao

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
Nice Uros and not far from us either. I've been toying with the idea of getting some Uro's to add to our little collection here at some point. Many more pictures like that will swing it no doubt. Good luck with the breeding

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hehe, can't wait to see them do that! I've got them on newspaper for now but will put on sand/soil/bark mix soon. What age do you recommend doing that?

They don't seem too happy on newspaper so would love to do it sooner the better.

Yeah we definatly should meet up! Oh byt he way, how much are you selling your vittikins for? :D

Han

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fixx said:
Nice Uros and not far from us either. I've been toying with the idea of getting some Uro's to add to our little collection here at some point. Many more pictures like that will swing it no doubt. Good luck with the breeding
Oh i'll be loading more pics! They are freeeekin great animals! The male hardwiki is at the glass now watching me type. lol
I'll add to this topic tomorrow, so watch this space. lol

·
Registered
516 Posts
I think I might sort that out tonight them and see how they go. If they start munching too mush I take it out. Also got eco earth for leo's wet box so will give that a go!!

How exciting...I don't want to be at work now!!

Oh and Fixx - where abouts are you based in North dEvon, is it a shop set up you have , would love to come and have a look next time i'm up there!

Han

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im off work this week, ive got annual leave. :) :thumb:
It's good cause i can look after the animals better.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I hate not being able to spend much time with my reps - espicially the rankins as they are active in the day :(

Can't wait to sort them out tonight. Will get some pics and put them up!

Han

·
Registered
516 Posts
Argh just thought of something.....with the eco earth, how much do you recommend I moisten it?

Obviously they don't need humidity but the soil is in a solid block and I will need to wet it to expand it. Will they be ok with moist soil but not wet? :oops:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks.
Lmao, everyone wants Noodle! I dont know what it is about him, your like the 6th person to say it!!
Lou Lou and my friend Han wanted to take him home with them!
Then again lou lou wanted to take my sisters cat too. lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sniff... :cry:

OK... can I have 'em back now :?:

Oh yeah, forgot to add the Hardwikis are very nosey when you are trying to do something in the viv.
Always getting in the way & licking you :wink:

Have fun :!:

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
David..
Nope! but if i breed them your entitled to a couple of freebies. ;)

Ive been licked by the male, and the male acanth a little.
But Mr seemed to be very interested in what i was doing just now (carving the pumpkin) he seemed desparate to get out to me. They are still shy but the males have been VERY active all day. :)

Hanhan..
The Eco earth will soon dry out in a warm vivarium, i would'nt worry too much about the moisture as it would only effect them if it was moist for a long period of time. but as said it should dry out pretty quick. I do give mine a little spray when cleaning to make it more diggable. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts