Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/img]

I have finally finished the viv after a month of sawing and hammering,
Everything works and Beardies due next week (can't wait.)

I have tried to add picture but dont know if its worked?

Thanks for all who have helped with advice while designing/building and hope that you will be as helpful with advice upon keeping. :

·
Registered
365 Posts
Good job on your viv mate.

Out of curisity is that a Heat rock in there? If so they are ment to be really bad... they faught a lot and can burn your lizzard. they are bad quality... i dont know why pet shops sell them. :?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it is a heat rock but considered options before buying, cant use heat mat unless covering with glass (as wood viv)and the reason that the heat rock gets bad press is that most people buy it as a cheap heat source for basking without using a stat. It then heats to over 100 degrees and burns the beardies tender belly. Im only using as back ground ambient heat and it is controlled by a stat set at 85 degrees. I think that is ok, but if any can see a problem am willing to re-consider.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Lovely viv mate, thats goning to be one lucky beardie living in there.

Help on pics, you've posted it as a thumbnail, which is what imageshack automatically does. If you want it to appear fully on the screen, not a small link, then when your typing in the code

for that pic above its
Code:
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/9849/vivlh6.th.jpg
at the end, delete the "th" and one of the full stops either before or after it. Yeh and obviously put img tabs infront and after the code.

Once again, lovely viv mate very impressive :)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
WOW thats amazing i want one like that but i cant build lol my dad and bro wud probably if i asked them how much roughly does it cost to build?
*sorry for being nosey*

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was £60 for wood and £30 for the glass. Then on top of that you have locks, heat sources, lights, vents etc.

Have built it for my daughter as a birthday gift, she was ten a couple of weeks ago and beardies and viv was her pressie. She wanted to join this forum but she is too young. Beardies should be arriving next week and she is very excited. :lol:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It took about 48 hrs spread over a 2 weeks including wiring. Made it more difficult by making it trapezium shaped. Have used day/night sensor to control lighting and night time heating, seems to work ok but the proof will be how wide the beardies smile is!! :D

Daughter who will be owning beardies says 'Hi' to the forum. :2thumb:

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
looks good :thumb: ,I made all of my vivs and have nearly finished the boas :D ,it's so much more satisfying than just buying one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.