Reptile Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, today I picked up, and set up my new viv, a 60x45x60 viv with cresties planned for it when I can get my grubby mits on some (they are SO hard to find around here it would seem!). So, it's all set up and ready for them, except it needs a stand to put it on as it's currently living on the floor. Not a problem though, the stand will be home on tuesday, and built by the evening.

So, this leaves me (well, me and Reiyuu) with 4 vivs set up (and at the moment, only one lizard!)
We have 2 desert set ups for leos, one with a male jungle albino, and the other will have 2 girls in it by next weekend.
The new jungle viv as I mentioned, and a 30x30x45 exo-terra that Reiyuu ordered by mistake. We've decided to keep it, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest some lizards for it. Is there any single lizard that would fit into it, or should I just clean it back out (currently set up for jungle) and put it in the loft??

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Good News.
Addicitve ;]

And The Small exo Terra, Im Not to sure about any lizards small enough for it. Im not completly up on that.

But I Have A Tarantula in a 30cm cubed glass viv. So it would be suitable for a t.

Or, Just keep it for when your cleaning them out. Always comes in handy.

·
Registered
213 Posts
a tokay gecko maybe not sure, you wanting it to be its house for entire life or can it grow out of it and u get a new one for it later

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a tokay gecko maybe not sure, you wanting it to be its house for entire life or can it grow out of it and u get a new one for it later
I'm looking for something to live in there for maybe .... 6 months or so, so I can save and get a proper viv up and running for it. I'm tempted to find a very young male crestie to stay in there for a little while.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Im Afraid, No Chance With A Tokay.
Not A Chance. Not Being Horrible!
But Tokays being near the top of the "largest" geckos. Im afraid not.

How about some mantids? (praying mantis's)

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
how about mourning geckos? theyre teeny! also a hatchling crested could live in there for 6months or so

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
Oh please get some mourning geckos then sell the offspring to me in about 6months when i have room

·
Registered
314 Posts
OMG dude,... get some dwarf geckos, i saw some a couple months back they,... are awesome,... you could lose 'em though!

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, if anyone knows where I can get some morning geckos? It seems either I dont know the right people to ask, or that my LPS isn't too great (unless you're after leos, beardies and yeman cams).
I thought tokays would be too big, knowing that they can get to about a foot long.
Mantids are a no-no. Reiyuu is REALLY insectaphobic (I have to transfer crickets and catch them when they escape) She can only stand them when they ae captive, and tiny, I think a mantis would wig her out something cronic!

So, morning geckos sound a hit if anyone knows where I can find them, and as much info as poss, please let me know, or link me?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
its going to be used as an incubator for crestie babies when we start breeding in the future :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts