Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last, yesterday I finally took delivery of my custom viv, I had given Volly very specific measurements and instructions as I wanted the new viv to match the one I already have, they are in my lounge and I want them to look the part. He delivered, i'm very pleased. I have had all of the equipment for weeks, so excited to set them up when they came!

Anyway, lots of progress pics, hope you like...

Said viv:

Next to other for comparison: (Leopard gecko in top, corn snake yearling in bottom)

Sealing the joints with my pink things like a girl haha

New pulse stat attached

All sealed

Both in:

Now i'm just missing foliage but I have worked for 8 hours on them up to now and I am knackered, tomorrow I will buy some green stuff and make more places to hide (particularly for the royal).

Had so many problems (Friday the 13th?) first of all the 'angled' ceramic bulb holder was hardly angled at all, the angled bulb guards wouldn't go over them, had to make cut outs in the guards to get them to go over, and OMG I forgot how much of a pain in the backside it is to set a ground-level viv up, I have done lots of swearing and growling, but I think it was worth it up to now :)

You like? Any suggestions for improvements?

: victory:

·
Banned
235 Posts
They look really good. The only thing i would have done is drill a hole in the back wall where your stat probe is and put both the probes through the back so having minimal cable in the viv. I can see them pulling them off the back wall.I know some dont like drilling holes in their new vivs but it works best for me.

·
Registered
523 Posts
another cracking product by volly and ya made em look great.

Not sure on the use of ya snake hook tho for the boa :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Over all a great display, i just need to keep this away from the wife as she is sooooooo anal retentive when it comes to things matching

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Over all a great display, i just need to keep this away from the wife as she is sooooooo anal retentive when it comes to things matching
try some laxatives:2thumb:

Reactions: Carl_Hincks1

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They look really good. The only thing i would have done is drill a hole in the back wall where your stat probe is and put both the probes through the back so having minimal cable in the viv. I can see them pulling them off the back wall.I know some dont like drilling holes in their new vivs but it works best for me.
Thanks, I know the bottom one they do come through the back, I knocked a few slats out of the vent and fed them through there, had to drill loads, the ceramic holder was a nut and bolt fitting rather than screws, and I did the same with the bulb guards rather than keep undoing the screws (and weakening the wood) when I need to change the bulb, so not too bothered about drilling just automatically copied what 'd done in the gecko viv, but by the time it come to doing the ground floor viv I was knackered and realised it'd be easier to just run the cable round the outside and in through the vents :lol2:

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another cracking product by volly and ya made em look great.

Not sure on the use of ya snake hook tho for the boa :Na_Na_Na_Na:

She's a biter! That's my excuse :whistling2:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
looking good. :2thumb:

PK

Reactions: mstypical

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sooooo is my wife :lol2: but thats a whole other story:whistling2:

Sounds like an 18+ story :lol2:

Seriously she's really pissy when you do anything out of the ordinary or when there's a lot going on, I was far too tired to be dealing with that :blush:

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Your snakes have laminate flooring:gasp:

Everyone said i was mental when I used ceramic tiles in one of my vivs, i knew the idea would catch on :D

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your snakes have laminate flooring:gasp:

Everyone said i was mental when I used ceramic tiles in one of my vivs, i knew the idea would catch on :D
The corn and the geckos have lino that looks like laminate ;)

I was going to use ceramic tiles in the new vivs but was worried about the weight of them?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Sounds like an 18+ story :lol2:

Seriously she's really pissy when you do anything out of the ordinary or when there's a lot going on, I was far too tired to be dealing with that :blush:
I know exactly what your on about ...I usually point mine in the direction of the tank and tap her tail, she generally gets the idea :lol2:

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know exactly what your on about ...I usually point mine in the direction of the tank and tap her tail, she generally gets the idea :lol2:
She was a bit of a neglected sadcase when I got her, she's come a long way but I knew she'd be peed off with the new surroundings for a little while, and she's due a feed :lol2:

·
Registered
523 Posts
She was a bit of a neglected sadcase when I got her, she's come a long way but I knew she'd be peed off with the new surroundings for a little while, and she's due a feed :lol2:
and your not willing to give your hand as an appetiser :whistling2:what sort of herpetologist are you :Na_Na_Na_Na::Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
The corn and the geckos have lino that looks like laminate ;)

I was going to use ceramic tiles in the new vivs but was worried about the weight of them?
I built my viv myself so the ceramic tiles and the grout is probably the only thing that's holding it together :D

Nah seriously though, they should be fine. They make cleaning a doddle too!

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
and your not willing to give your hand as an appetiser :whistling2:what sort of herpetologist are you :Na_Na_Na_Na::Na_Na_Na_Na:
One that likes my fingers where they are ;)

I've also set everyone (geckos and corn included) up on timers, first time ever, heat will go off at 11pm and on at 5am, a bit more 'natural' I hope!

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I built my viv myself so the ceramic tiles and the grout is probably the only thing that's holding it together :D

Nah seriously though, they should be fine. They make cleaning a doddle too!
Might revert back to that idea if the Aubiose doesn't work out for either of them then :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
just make sure they don't drop to low through the night... I have the lights on a timer as it makes it easier but the heat stays pretty constant until breeding, then i lower the temps for a while....The last thing you want is the Boa getting more nowty than she already is

1 - 20 of 55 Posts