·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I'm going too

I shan't be buying anything :liar: honest :D

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
I was disappointed at the number of stalls this year, but chuffed with people i met and spiders i bought :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
It was a very small venue and not very busy but i still picked up some nice T's from Lee. But i'll stick with the BTS and Kemptons shows for 2008.

P.S. Anyone selling a Large Female G. Pulchra ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi Becky,

I was first in the queue and didnt hang around so i had probably left before you got to Lees table. I would have recognised you and would have said hi, should i have noticed you.

Glad you had a good shop. :smile:

Take Care

Izan

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Oh... Was it you that was drinking coffee and told us that it did open at 12 then!?!?!? Standing next to me when Mary bought me some spiders over? A MM klugi and 2 cambridgei's?!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh... Was it you that was drinking coffee and told us that it did open at 12 then!?!?!? Standing next to me when Mary bought me some spiders over? A MM klugi and 2 cambridgei's?!
No Becky, that wasnt me. I dont drink coffee and like i said, I would have said hello, should i have seen you.

Izan

P.S. Sorry to hear about your Mesomelas, especially after it molted out.
Have you now put it into I.C.U ?

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
She's been in ICU for about 3 days now.. She looked worse this morning but better this evening mum said. Keeping her drinking and hoping for the best!

·
Registered
234 Posts
My Mesomelas also did this ( i bought from the same batch )

It became very listless with leg curling etc. I set up a low temp 'darkened' I.C.U. Creating 50/50 definate 'seperation' wet/dry (coir) and a large waterbowl. Med/high humidity.

With minimal disturbance, my T's behaviour completely changed. Good stance (up on legs,) excellent mobility and dinking well. I just couldnt get her to eat. Tried every food i could think of every 5 days or so.

I am sure you are doing your upmost anyway but felt the need to help.
If you need any more info, let me know.

Good Luck

Izan

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Did yours pull through Izan??

I have only tried her with crushed food now as she's not strong enough to kill yet. She is still curling, like in the mornings when i check her she is all curled, but by the evening/afternoon shes spread out.. poor thing. Put her bk in her tank today as its wetter and she can hide. Hoping she will pull through !

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi Becky

Lost her on Monday. Which is sad and annoying, purely because i really thought i was winning the battle. A great deal of effort was put into the I.C.U tank / conditions and the response was very encouraging. A different spider !

Tried everything to entice eating but absolutely nothing was taken and it appears she simply starved. :cry:

AARGH. It took me absolutely ages to find one, but there you go. Though I cant really complain as its the first T to die in my possessoin in 15 years.

My personal verdict on our Mesomelas's is that I'm guessing they were WC stock and have not adapted to captivity.

I did try to contact you several times via PM regarding the T's as you must have purchased yours just after me (from the same place) but i never received a reply. Maybe your inbox was full ?

The fact that yours has eaten and also molted has to be a good sign. :D But you need to get the I.C.U. right. Not above 75F with good humidity, darkness and minimum disturbance. The leg curling should stop and mobility should return. It did for myT.

In the meantime i'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Regards

Izan

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Many thanks Izan. Sorry to hear of your girl... :(

My girl is now back in her tank and seeming happier for it. She spent a good few hours at first in the corner, but this morning she is at the back of her flower pot and not curling.. So i'm hoping she is on the mend. I think you're right about them possibly being WC and not adapting to captivity..poor things :(

Also, i never recieved any pm's from you?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts