Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I purchased my first burm yesterday thanks to danielb:)

Just a question regarding feeding, he was being fed 1 medium mouse per week, I'd like to get him on rats asap but just wondered what size? Would small weaned be ok or is this too big? He was begining of July I think.

Many thanks

Adam

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
the general rule of thumb is to feed prey slightly bigger than the widest part of the snake.
cheers
John

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, anyone else gave advice on what sort of size rat a burm of this age should be on? Cheers

·
Registered
38 Posts
in general around 1.5 times the cross section of the biggest part of the body should be abt right

small weaner sounds fine. my burm of 7 months managed one the size of a royal rat.. i was a little doubtful at first but decided to give it a go and it was fine. the bulge looked pretty cool.. haha. will post pic soon

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in general around 1.5 times the cross section of the biggest part of the body should be abt right

small weaner sounds fine. my burm of 7 months managed one the size of a royal rat.. i was a little doubtful at first but decided to give it a go and it was fine. the bulge looked pretty cool.. haha. will post pic soon

Cheers mcbadom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts