Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice big tank, In that photo it looks like it is freshly set up which I think is probably why there is so much condensation? (water splashing around off the hose etc).
Where about's are you? I have a large bit of cork bark that would fit perfect for a basking ramp. Those rocks give me the willy's :lol2:, looks like the top ones are just waiting to be kicked off and crack the bottom of your tank. Same as that ornament in the middle if it is made of anything heavy as Turtles aren't usually careful.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good news about the rocks.

As for the filtration its really up to you, you could add a second one or replace for a larger model. I would probably suggest adding a second to run along side as I know from my aquariums once you start getting to 300+ litres its difficult to find 1 filter on its own that will do the job, and they are usually big bucks.

As for as filter media I only use large sponges (varying from coarse to fine) and Alfgagrog, as Stephen says its top stuff. Your LFS has sold you Carbon by the sounds of it, which is not needed at all, its only really useful to remove medications from the water and has a very limited lifespan. I've never used the Eheim fix stuff, no doubt its good, but probably way overpriced and still worse than going with a standard sponge/alfagrog combo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.