Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I'm new here so thought I would show you guys my Leos.

This is Voodoo:

This is Tiki:

and this is them chilling in their viv:

They're both female and about 9 months old and are pretty happy little guys really.

The last few days they've been a bit off their food though which is making me a bit worried-Tiki hasn't eaten properly since about Weds of last week and Voodoo since Friday. They're both happy in themselves though and there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with them. Do they look healthy to you guys and is it anything to worry about yet or shall I just give them a few days?

Cheers.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
they are lovely, voodoo is a carrot tail:D they look healthy, nice fat tails:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah- I'm not that big on the different morphs to be honest, but I thought she was a carrot tail. Is she also hypotangerine?

That's her dad and she is looking almost identical to him now.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
yep ide guess:D

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
have you checked her stoools?
have they been on sand since they were babies? :)
they are very pretty btw :)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
They look lovely and have nice plump tails :) i would suggest to possibly change the sand because of the risk of impaction. Everything else looks great tho :2thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No not had her stools checked yet, but equally I have seen no sign of anything out of the ordinary in that respect- they go when they have eaten and all seems well.

They've not been on sand since babies no- only about 6 weeks which I think is why I'm worried. I do keep a really close eye on them and there is a bowl of calcium in there to deter them from eating the sand. Plus they get hand fed so there's not too much danger of them ingesting sand when eating.

That said, I think I will probably switch to repti carpet within the next week as they are due a full clean anyway.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
i woudl probably get rid of the sand asap then, its a bit odd its happened similar time to the changing to sand.....

it doesnt matter if they get hand fed, they allllways lick everything!! silly things!
No not had her stools checked yet, but equally I have seen no sign of anything out of the ordinary in that respect- they go when they have eaten and all seems well.

They've not been on sand since babies no- only about 6 weeks which I think is why I'm worried. I do keep a really close eye on them and there is a bowl of calcium in there to deter them from eating the sand. Plus they get hand fed so there's not too much danger of them ingesting sand when eating.

That said, I think I will probably switch to repti carpet within the next week as they are due a full clean anyway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shedding is a good call actually. They are both about due I would say as they've not shed for a few weeks and Voodoo is looking a bit dull today. I'll keep an eye on them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i woudl probably get rid of the sand asap then, its a bit odd its happened similar time to the changing to sand.....

it doesnt matter if they get hand fed, they allllways lick everything!! silly things!
That's what worried me to be honest it could just be coincidence, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

It'll be changed this week.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
voodoo is a super hypo carrot tail. super hypo as there are no spots on the body. stunning leos. good luck with them.
and welcome to the forum!!:welcome:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update:

Voodoo shed this morning so that could explain why she wasn't eating. Tiki is still being funny about food (although she often seems to go off a certain livefood) so I got some waxworms today and they were both happily munching those down. Hopefully they are just being fussy or just aren't hungry.

Also they're back on kitchen roll until I can pick up my repti carpet.

·
Registered
31,364 Posts
p.s if you are regually feeding wax worms that coudl be your prob :)

they become addicted to these. just like alcohol!!

they are a one off you seee...

:)

Update:

Voodoo shed this morning so that could explain why she wasn't eating. Tiki is still being funny about food (although she often seems to go off a certain livefood) so I got some waxworms today and they were both happily munching those down. Hopefully they are just being fussy or just aren't hungry.

Also they're back on kitchen roll until I can pick up my repti carpet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep I know- they have only ever had waxworms twice before- they eat crix or locusts as a staple. Only tried waxies because they haven't been eating other foods.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts