Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would say hi :D , im tom a newbie to snakes and im looking for information and views on corn snakes as my parents and i would like one as a pet :) , i know that they come in various coluors but other than that im clueless :oops:

Any help would be appreciated :wink: Thanks, im sure i will enjoy my time on the forum

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hi Tom n welcome,you are sure to get all the info and advice you need here.Im a newbie myself and have found all the info here invaluable,,,even found my snake on here.
Good luck with your search for your snake and enjoy owning him/her.
John.

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
:welcome:

It's really not rocket science, I'm sure you and your parents will enjoy a snake, they make great pets. Good luck and let us know what your plans are.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
:welcome: check out the caresheets section at the bottom of the forum menu.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got my corn snake 6 months ago and he's brilliant!

They are probably the best beginners snake (although opinions vary) as they are very easy to look after and quite hardy, meaning they will normally tolerate any beginners mistakes. Most have quite a calm temperament once they get used to you, especially if handled from a young age, and generally they are good feeders.

Be sure to do plenty of research and read up on the various care sheets online to make sure you can provide everything he/she will need..... go to your local exotic petshop and have a look around and enjoy your new snake! :)

(or you can look in the classifieds :D )

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the replies guys they were really helpful :D , i was wondering if you know of any reptile or pet shops around oxfordshire that i could pop into to have a look and see what i need home a snake :wink:

Thanks alot, i feel really welcomed 8)

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
I got my two corns over a month ago. loving having them! :D They're not too difficult as a pet to look after either. But i do give mine as much attention and handling as i can :p

Um..

The Jungle
01235-528888
64 Wootton Road , Abingdon , Oxfordshire OX14 1JD

The Pet Shop & Reptile Ranch
12-14 London Street
Faringdon
Oxfordshire
SN7 7AA

Theres two i found from googling. Hope they're near you.
01367 244828

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trice said:
I got my two corns over a month ago. loving having them! :D They're not too difficult as a pet to look after either. But i do give mine as much attention and handling as i can :p

Um..

The Jungle
01235-528888
64 Wootton Road , Abingdon , Oxfordshire OX14 1JD

The Pet Shop & Reptile Ranch
12-14 London Street
Faringdon
Oxfordshire
SN7 7AA

Theres two i found from googling. Hope they're near you.
01367 244828
They are a short car drive away, thank you for your help, i shall go there at the weekend when my parents are off work :D

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Welcome. Hope you find what you're looking for. Make sure you buy everything you need, less stressful for the snake.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I shall either order or go to a pet shop and purchase a few books on corn snakes as i have no real experience other than handling a friends boa :D ........Can you recommed any specific books that i should purchase? :oops:

Thanks.....tomgriffin :)

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
get a few books, and read some care sheets. Also when you go to the reptile shop (if you go:p) ask th em what you're missing etc. (if you get the equipment first that is lol)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are definately getting a corn snake and i was wondering what i will need to care for it properly? :)

Can tell me what size vivarium i will need for a corn snake hatchling? and listany other accesories i will need to put into the vivarium and for the snake? :)

Thanks guys.....tomgriffin

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
for a hatchling you can use a faurnarium with a heat mat under 1/3 of the floor with a hide and water bowl, as it gets bigger upgrade to a viv, some people use newspaper or kitchen roll for hatchlings but i used beech chips since i first got mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts