Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,, for all you newspaper uses out there i need advice..

When my python gets adult i will put it on newpaper,, as advice but will the ink not come of onto her scales?

If os how do u use it

ta.

·
Registered
828 Posts
My boyfriend uses newspaper with his burms, they are fine on it, the ink doesn't come off onto them........

·
Registered
698 Posts
i keep nearly all my reptiles on news paper certainly all my pythons and boa and ive never at all noticed the print coming off onto them. I find it so much easier than most substraites anything else i put in with the big guys just ends up in a pile in the middle of the viv rendering it useless, (unless the snakes have some sinister plan for it lol).

·
Premium Member
16,486 Posts
I think the general advice is to use old newspaper which allows the ink to dry fully - not new - not sure it really makes a difference

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Some papers these days are treated so the ink doesn't come off on your hands. I keep my big bci's on paper with no problems

·
Registered
573 Posts
I read giving it a once over with a heated iron works, can't vouch for this I don't use newspaper as a substrate

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
my albino burm is on newpaper, the ink doesnt come off? atleast ive never had a problem with it, i line the cage with couple of sheets and change it when he soils it? always been fine : victory:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I just make sure I put the newest papers at the bottom of the pile, so the sheets I use are at least 2 weeks old. No problems with ink smudging at all, and that's the free advertiser thing that comes through the door every week!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts