Reptile Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
ahh thanks pixie for asking...she had her forth operation and hopefully her last on monday....she still has'nt regained any sight so looks perminent but she gets around ok. but because of the state of her jaw etc i am still seringe feeding her, the vets did hope she'd start lapping food by now but i think shes lost her sense of smell aswell as shes just not interested.....the vets have been amazing as they are not charging me for any of their time now which would add up as we have to visit every two days at mo plus the operation she had on monday, they are just charging for drugs she has and the special food which is really kind of them, (they now i'm a single parent) and they say i've worked so hard with her they just want to help....you know you always see those cards they get stuck on the wall and i've always wondered why anyone would do that but i will definately be sending them a thankyou card..... :)

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh thats fantasic she is making a recovery! How are you finding all the feeds?

Thats really nice of the vets! Its great to find one out there who is interested in the animals and not the cash!

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I have to say it's hard with all the feeds, she needs feeding four to five times aday and each feed is four 10ml seringes of liquid food and two seringes of water plus i have to give her extra water inbetween to keep her hydrated (which has been a problem)keeping her hydrated in mean) it seems like i've only just feed her and it's time to do it all over again lol and she makes a bloody mess..... :) but were getting there at the beginning i had to wrap her in a towel and hold her really tight now she just stands there.... :D

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
damb, there was me and my double meanings again :lol: .
hope your CAT is ok nickster :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts