Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to know what people do for nighttime temperatures for leopard geckos? i was never told when i bought her to turn down the temperature on a night but she always looks too hot, she just sits outside her hot hide...its 31 degrees?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
just wanted to know what people do for nighttime temperatures for leopard geckos? i was never told when i bought her to turn down the temperature on a night but she always looks too hot, she just sits outside her hot hide...its 31 degrees?
Strictly speaking, that's fine, most people have 31-33 so that's right on the spot, maybe she just wants some attention? :) We never turn our heat mat down at night, besides, if you have her in a decent sized viv there should be enough of a gradient for her to cool down on the cool end :)

-Luke

Reactions: iggiethegecko

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying :) yeah there is plenty space for her to cool down, she must just like the spot she is in!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
thanks for replying :) yeah there is plenty space for her to cool down, she must just like the spot she is in!
Yep, probably does :) Maybe she's nosy, and likes watching you, the same way you like to watch her :)

No problem!

-Luke

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just keep it the same as daytime temps too. I think a fair few on here do as well :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts