Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
My Ackie has had no bowel movement for the last week, he has been to the vet had xrays (nothing conclusive) ultrasound (nothing conclusive) and bloods (waiting for results) I am bathing him in reptaboost water temp at 37 degrees and nothing. i wondered if anyone else has been through similar. His setup as follows
5x3x3 enclosure 2ft feet of substrate hot side on basking platform 145f checked with temp gun cool side 85f, Water changed daily. He is still eating but not basking and limited movement which is not normal he is normally flying around digging and hunting. Any suggestions please i am at my wits end.....

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Its literally been a couple of days, and this site isnt as active as it once was. You want someone with experience with ackies, Debbie breeds them but not seen any posts from her for a few days.

I suggest you try patience, rather than passive aggression.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Generally speaking, most people on here are doing this in their spare time and may take time to reply to answers. Also people will generally not comment on things they don't know the answers to they won't answer.

But honestly we cannot say more then the vets as they have seen the xrays and the ultrasounds. They are waiting for blood tests so when you get the results for that you might find out more. If you feel like the vet missed something take the lizard over to a different qualified reptile vet.

It could be a whole list of things and we will need a lot more information to come to a remotely informed answered.

You've said the basking temperatures, have you double checked the temperatures with a spare IR gun? Have you tried to up the temperature by a few degrees? By the looks of it your cold end may be a few degrees too hot. This means there isn't enough of a temperature gradient that may interfere with thermal regulation behaviors. So possibly increase basking temperatures up to 150F and drop cold end temperatures down towards 80F.

Have you tried placing him in the basking area and monitor him? Is he just lethargic in behaviour? Is there any bloating? Has his weight changed? Has there been any recent injuries or anything?

What is his diet? When was his last feed? When was the last poo?

What is the substrate? Do you see him eating any?

TM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts