Reptile Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had a phone call from the guy at cornish crispa i ordered 5 new uv tubes at 8.0 and he just called to tell me they were stopping the production of 8.0's.hes sending me 10's instead.which isnt a bad thing at all.just wondering is this no more 8.0's just a cornish crispa thing or are all suppliers stopping them?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hi Mate,

My supplier told me exactly the same thing! The people who do the 8.0 have stopped making it and replacing it with a 10.0 and also!!!! it will last for a year not 6 months!!!! Apparently it's a bit more expensive, but if it last for a year than its well worth the extra couple of quid.

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Yeah they are far better... esp for the high intensity light species!

Reptile sun have just started doing a 10 as well... Maybe thats why?

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah they do cost a wee bit more but he says he'll sell me these ones at the 8.0 price so thats cool.:) he didnt say how long they lasted but if it is a year then even better.:)

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I'm dubious that they last a year... Most seam to die out fairly quickly after 6 months. Keep an eye on it and let us know how you get on! Actually think mine need replacing sooon :cry:

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well they come tomorrow and will be fitting them as soon as they arrive so ill let u know in say 6 months lol.:)

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
Yeah I got the same in a few shops around me when Obi's light went last week... They dont cost a huge amount more and should be much better for the babies anyways!

Am I right in thinking the blue tinge starts to go when they have "had it"??

·
Registered
17,120 Posts
thats what I thought, The new one I got Obi last week was pure White so I took it back because I was worried and the bloked treated me like i was a div! lol Got a different thouggh becaue I wouldnt leave the shop! lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
same down under ...they told me mercury bulbs taking over

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
My sand geckos have an 8.0...don't know whether I'll go for the 5.0 or 10.0 now though :? The tube needs replacing so I'll have to decide quick lol

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i was swopping to 10s anyway, so i suppose its a good thing. i dont know why they're not stopping the 5.0s as opposed to the 8.0s though

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Suppose 5.0 is more middle ground and is for the reps that don't need high UV (8.0 and 10.0 are more for diurnal desert species I think).

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
you can also register the bulbs on there website, and ask for reminder e-mails at 6-8-10-12 month intervals, depends how long you want to risk it for!!! i think its cool!:razz:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts