Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my royal ruffly 4 weeks now.Has refused one meal but then had two in the row so all is going well apart from she hasnt pooped yet.Just wanted to know what you guys would recomend.I know with corns you can bath them in warm water.

What you think?

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Hi there,

I had the same worry about my Royal a few weeks back, but then BOY did she go! :oops: :lol:

Check your setup, make sure your viv is not too arid as this can cause dry solid stools that are hard for your snake to pass.

Its normal for Royals to 'hold it' for some time, and as long as your Royal isnt looking impacted, I wouldnt worry too much. You watch, if yours is anything like mine, there will be a nice large poop waiting for you tomorrow! :lol:

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
how long as it been since she ate ?

i know my small boas, if left alone take ages to poo, but if handled then seem to poo alot quicker... as if it moves things around more ?

·
Registered
632 Posts
yeah a warm bath usually does the trick for my boa. don't be too worried they rn't very regular (a bit like my brother actually coming to think about it!! :wink: :lol: )

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She last ate a large mouse on the 20th but i hvnt seen her poop since i first got her approx 4 weeks ago.I will just wate to see.She dosnt look impacted.If still no show will give her a warm bath

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
Try the warm bath method, as this can help,

But if it dont try feeding a day old chick as these are good for clearing the system, but remember to take the beak and claws off first,

And lastly make sure ya got plenty of tissue and a peg handy.

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
According to my records, my royal hasnt been since the 20 october :shock:, so i'll be expecting a nice one any time soon :lol: especially as she ate yesterday for only the third time in 10 weeks,
its quite normal for them to hold it for awhile, so i wouldnt worry yet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine only takes a Dump the same day as her shed :D its brilliant cos i don't have to worry about her doing it on me when i get her out

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
I wouldn't worry she'll go when ready! Best thing is to soak her for a good 30 mins + that will get the bowls moving!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i whent to feed tika last night and to my supprise it looked like a small dog had been in there and had a dump :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts