Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you may have noticed ive done a few posts about desert scorps recently as the misses had caved in and agreed to me getting one(she is terrified of them).

I had a very nice offer of juvi desert hairy so rang the misses earlier to let her know.

I came home from work today to find she had been on youtube watching some videos of them and has changed her mind so i can no longer get one :cry:

Soooo im off to find a few slings to order to cheer me up and may even get a pokie after Izan's picture of one on his head :lol2: it was gorgeous!!

Not sure i fancy a super fast orboreal yet mind, be worried it would shoot out every time i opened the lid...i'm not used to qualified climbers!!

Gary.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I agree with Lucifus, youtube is no way a good site to look up anything. You get a load of yank vids on there which give even the softest of animals a bad name.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed...but now shes seen their nasty side theres no going back.

I'm not a happy chappy needless to say. I used to have a real fear for spiders but got over that coz she loved them (although i do love them now :lol2:).

I was considering a P.Metellica sling but think that might be a bit of a step up for me given their reputation and the fact i havnt kept arboreal before...but they are just so so nice looking.

Maybe get my murinus that ive been considering for a while and possibly a GBB if i can find one :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
What exactly is her problem? It's not as though it'd be running around the house and climbing into her lap for a fuss. Don't give in so easily!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
climbing into her lap for a fuss.
:lol2:

But i know...i have been on to her for ages mind, finally i got her to change her mind and then 'wham'...its back to a 'no'.

Its going to take some persuading to get her to agree again, so for now ill settle for a couple of slings!!

...and simon i think we got in at the right time with the blondis, check the price now :2thumb:

·
Pets are a luxury!!!
28,359 Posts
If I was your Mrs Id let you have one:lol2: Cant you bribe her, just find something she wants and shell cave in(I do anyway) Mmm Unless you are under the thumb:lol2:

·
Registered
24 Posts
tell her if i get a scorpion u get a nice set of diamond ear rings :lol2: that should work

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Good luck finding a bright orange Poecilotheria "like the one sitting on Izan's head"..............that was a Pteronichilus murinus:lol2:. If your missus doesn't want a Desert hairy, she certainly won't want an extremely fast arboreal spider with a renowned bad temper

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hey Gaz,

This is EASILY sorted. I used to have a girlfriend that gave me crap about Tarantulas. All you need to do is take a nice hol in Vegas, pick yourself up a 65,000 volt taser gun and 'bobs your uncle' no more lip ! :mrgreen:

For more Relationship advice call IZAN Toll free on 555-5577

Seriously though and as others have mentioned. She doesnt want to be watching Youtube vids. Its full of 'mainly' dumb yanks teasing the hell out of any creature available. Either T vs Scorp or Goliath vs Hamster etc.
Very sad indeed. :sick:
Have a look around for P. subfusca. Highly recommended. :flrt:

Good Luck

iZAN

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the opinions guys. She doesnt actually have a problem with spiders so to get a skittish one of those woldnt bother her.

Although i think the trip to vegas (including tazer) or diamond earings would more then likely work im not sure i can justify going to these lenghts for a scorp :lol2:

...and i wouldnt say im under the thumb but i do live with my girlfriend and her nan (who needs to be looked after by us) so i do need to be careful not to take the pi*s too much, as its not really my house :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Im going to get a few slings for now and get back to square one with the scorp...back to subtle hints etc etc and im sure ill get her to give in again sooner or later and this time im going to BLOCK youtube :whistling2:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good luck finding a bright orange Poecilotheria "like the one sitting on Izan's head"..............that was a Pteronichilus murinus:lol2:.
:lol2: I know, murinus is already on my list...he has the picture of the pokie further into the thread mind :Na_Na_Na_Na:

·
Viva Le France.
18,842 Posts
You've got to make the absolute best of a bad situation mate. Which costs more? The OH or the Scorp? If the answer is #1 - Send her packing.

I'm just joking with you, I think if you show her this thread with everyone saying how bad youtube videos can be - Take her to see the scorp face to face (Not obviously ON her face. You'd be in the shed for life)
and show her that it's not actually a bad wee invert. My OH is absolutely petrified of Spiders, so I have a B.Vagans and G.Rosea up for sale. :bash:

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
maybe start of with a good beginner sp. of scorp like emperor scorps, they are very docile by nature and that might win her round a bit. We got emps at the wildlife park and I can pick them up and put them on my hand and they are as good as gold!

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
interesting,

thats a guy quite clearly under a another 'guys' thumb!

not quite the same situation for Gaz I think!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts