Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know of a site that has a complete list of non native species in Britain,I can only find partial lists.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Does any one know of a site that has a complete list of non native species in Britain,I can only find partial lists.
There is no complete list as such because it's not entirely known exactly what's out there, but here's a good start for you....

www.alienencounters.org.uk

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
There is no complete list as such because it's not entirely known exactly what's out there, but here's a good start for you....

Nice bit of info there Al, i remember years ago a garden centre not far from me having ponds full of American bullfrog tadpoles never seen anything like it they were bloody huge. Dont think theyre still there though as now its another housing estate
Got a feeling the tadpoles used to come in with bags of goldfish as well from abroad.
As for terrapins the lakes and canals around here are full of them from the ninja turtle craze days

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thank you very much :)
I should of asked for a more complete list rather than a complete list,most of em only seem to list four or five species in each category when I know there are a lot more.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Thank you very much :)
I should of asked for a more complete list rather than a complete list,most of em only seem to list four or five species in each category when I know there are a lot more.

No worries, and yes, there's alot of species out there - some breeding, some not!

·
Registered
575 Posts
It is ilegal to let a grey squirrel free if you have it trapped.By law you have to kill it coz it is such a pest and is killing off the native red squirrel! Dunno if its relevent for you but just thought ide share it

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Hmm.... I remember someone saying there's corn snakes out breeding somewhere in the South of England, whether that's true or not...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hi

I know the midwife toad is alive and well in the Northampton area as i recently saw a news report on them ,and they've been there over 100 years

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
I know the midwife toad is alive and well in the Northampton area as i recently saw a news report on them ,and they've been there over 100 years
They are more widely spread than many realise - I collected a load of tadpoles from a garden in High Wycombe, all the neighbours had them too!

·
Registered
71,221 Posts
Nice bit of info there Al, i remember years ago a garden centre not far from me having ponds full of American bullfrog tadpoles never seen anything like it they were bloody huge. Dont think theyre still there though as now its another housing estate
Got a feeling the tadpoles used to come in with bags of goldfish as well from abroad.
As for terrapins the lakes and canals around here are full of them from the ninja turtle craze days

like these?:lol2:

·
Registered
687 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts