Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 year old dragon has stopped eating she moves around fine and is very alert when out of her tank. The temps are spot on she has a bath ones a week and drinks water. Has had her uv light bulb changed over and has cal and vit powder when she does eat. But in the last 3 weeks all she has ate is 1 hopper and 2 super worms she don't eat her fruit or greens but she never did eat them. I have tried her with waxworms crickets hoppers mealworms crickets and mario worms. But she won't eat them. Need some advise please. She hasn't shed her skin for awhile now aswell.

·
Super Moderator
9,450 Posts
She could be brumating. Lots of adults do at this time of year. As she appears alert and active when she is out and about she sounds ok. Keep an eye on her weight she should lose very little to no weight. Weight loss and lethargy means illness rather then brumation. Just carry on as normal and leave her to it. Only pop food in if she seems interested.

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
The sudden and dramatic drop in air pressure seems to have adversely effected many more animals this year.

Having said that, a vets advice should always be sought out if you have any concerns.

Here is a guide to brumation to help explain this Changing seasons : Arcadia Reptile

John

·
Registered
427 Posts
This has happened to mine a few times over the years, but I remember once, she literally did not eat A THING for 5 months. I think general consensus is, if they're not hungry then leave them to it, as putting food in can stress them / the insects might bite them. As long as they're not losing weight they're probably brumating / slowing down for the winter a bit.

With mine, I offered her the odd insect every week or two, and then once she decided she was hungry again just gave her as much as she would eat, but like I said she never lost any weight during that time.

Also, they probably don't need a bath weekly, unless you're concerned about dehydration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts