Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this baby Is het for butter, amber and amel, she is hetting brighter with every shed (this pic taken two weeks after a shed)

·
Registered
10,074 Posts
nice corn

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just because it is a het for something doesn't mean it looks different from a normal mate... Het means it carries the genes for that snake and does not itself have any of the characteristics of it... So i.e. the normal het for blizzard does not look anything like a blizzard as it is a normal.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh I know how hets work, but my het for butter amels have pronounced yellow sides, so I presume that carring the genes must have some (even if its very slight) influence on the look of the snake

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
what a cutie

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
wat a beautiful corn, such a pretty one, looks in real good health too

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
i have some het amber stripes that seem to be going like caramel

·
Premium Member
5,743 Posts
andysharpe said:
Just because it is a het for something doesn't mean it looks different from a normal mate... Het means it carries the genes for that snake and does not itself have any of the characteristics of it... So i.e. the normal het for blizzard does not look anything like a blizzard as it is a normal.
Not all hets will look different, i have a classic stripe that if het amel poss het butter, who just looks like a classic stripe, and i also have a classic that is het amel and his orange markings are more pronounced after each shed,

I agree but also disagree with this statement, therefore IMO Andy this was a bit harsh

oh btw nice corn u got there Julia, wen can i take it off ya hand(free of course hint hint)

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol yeh free, no problem, tell you what I will swap it for than nice new boa of yours !! :wink:
(or two crisp ten pound notes (mates rates!) )

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
well in theory its true, just occassionally you get the odd one really

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
what a beauty

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
andysharpe said:
ohh i know i was just saying it look similar to mine and just put what it was het for i would never expect it to look like a blizzard (

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
for some reason ambers, caramels and butters come through on amels a lot, and some on normals too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts