Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a guy from america just messaged me on myspace asking me about the possiblity of shipping him some leopard geckos.

he wants some of the 'natural/normal' looking leos, ie the dark coloured, spotted ones. I'd have imagined that theres a lot of them WC and imported into the US, but apparently not.

I'd be worried about shipping animals that far, as i doubt very much that they'd survive such a long trip without food or water. has anyone had any dealings with receiving animals shipped from the US, or shipped to the US?

And does anyone have any 'normal' leopard geckos that they would be willing to part with, if i could find a feesible way of arranging shipping?

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thats what i tried to get across to him. and the poor little swines would die in transit in all likelihood. i explained that he'd pay more on shipping than the geckos, but he said thats no trouble, and that he thinks that there should be a feesible way of me sending them to him.

I'm currently enquiring on a US forum which i am a member, to see if i can find any contacts i can pass on to him.

I never see any of the type of geckos he's referring to. we have 4 in college but they are 11 years old at least..... definately wouldnt survive the trip, and arent in the best of condition. as far as i know, im the only herper in college, so the only one who gives them the proper care they require. its pathetic

anyone have US contacts?

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
i have a male around the age 2-3 years and hes already proven himself just last night.He is the darker kind of leo that the guy is asking for but they are quite rare now.heres a pick of him below! i dont like the idea of shipping to america.i personally can import and export animals as i have a licence as im trained in animal care but i still have not imported or exported any as i think it could be a little risky.let me know if you need any futher help and ill see what i can do. :roll:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you. i'll keep you in mind if i hear anything else back from him

hey, if you still want to get rid of him in a year, i might take him off your hands, hes a pretty guy. my babies will be all grown up by then. always liked the 'normal' leos best :D

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
hmmm not sure if i want to sell him to be honest.iv been offerd quite a bit for him as he is really rare with his colours etc.plus hes in his prime at the min so hes a good breeder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts