Reptile Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a question regarding Royal python colour change, I have a 6yo girl, wild type (no illusions here), has any one had their royal darken with age?? she was what I'd consider a normal royal colour/shade when I got her but the past year she has turned almost Black!!! Almost pitch black when in shed. Any Ideas/stories??

Also I have a girl I aquired as a Wild Type het albino, CB08, very light with amazing blushing and reduce pattern - A normal royal right? yes I agree, But..... She has green eyes almost identicle to my pastel, anyone else seen this in a wild type royal?? I'm 98% sure she's just a nice normal, unconvinced shes het albino but a nice bonus if proved.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will get some today, it's feeding day so will have them all out. In the meantime any thoughts???

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
I have a female that started out high gold as a hatchling and went quite a lot darker over the last two years. Will try to remember some pics soon.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pics pics pics and more pics!!! sounds wonderful, im far from being an expert but i do want to see them!!! :notworthy:
Here goes, Camera is broke so pics taken on HTC Desire, Light was a Pain.

Dark Normal First: She is in shed but is almost as dark normally,

Light, Green Eyed het Albino Normal:

What do you guys think?? They are both gorgeous And I just hope the het proves out.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a dark enchi (cinnamon mum) that looks quite like the bottom one although more stripes than blocks. but he has green eyes. so could be worth getting some belly shots and asking around. though im by no meas knowledgable on this subject.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I thought as much, Just suprised me how dark lol.
As for they green eyed het, I Know shes a normal, I'm suspicious shes a het albino tbh, but I was just curious about the eyes, never seen greens on a normal, has anyone else?? If i'm super duper lucky she may be a real browned out pastel, but I'm never that lucky lol.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
She has a lovely reduced pattern though so whatever comes out of her will be stunning !

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She has a lovely reduced pattern though so whatever comes out of her will be stunning !
Exactly my thoughts, at very least she is a nice wild type, anything else is a bonus, she will be going with my male albino this year though, just to see lol. fingers crossed!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts