Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little rant:

Just come back from the rep centre and saw thier 'blizzard leos'

They looked awful, one I could see the hip bones sticking out, and the other one was laying down with its front leg bent round, looked like it was a piece of rubber.

They have plenty of calcium in there for them and crix running around, but they are obviously not eating the crix, there were no mealies on offer either, I would take the leo's in and get them feeding myself, but the prices they ask in there are just too much and I cant afford it at the moment, to be honest I cant believe they even habe them up for sale.......

I know I should have said something, but I have had problems with them before, and its just easier for me to keep on good terms with them.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
tut , its bad too see int it,

do you think that they could have been like trying tooget them back too health or was they on sale like that? :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi if you could deliver them down here to me i could give you the miney for them and get them back up to health

Thanks

Shane

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
they could have arrived like that or something.

True they shouldn't have them on display, I certainly hope they wouldn't sell them like that.

I'd heard good things about the dude there, not been yet but heard good stuff. No idea if it's right though :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Im always sad when I visit a pet store lately... since Im just getting into keeping reps Im trying to learn as much as I can. But the more I know the sadder it is to see them in a petstore. Theres one leo Im keeping my eye on. seems nice and healthy, but awful setup! no mealies, no calcium, no moist hide.:sad:

Lickily!! My GF just started working there and ACTUALLY cares about the little guys enough to do research on how to properly look after them! Hopfully the manager will let he sorta take over the rep section!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
your gf, if she wishes to be put in a position of care for the reps... may want to cosider not only the rep wealfare but also sales....to impress the manager or shop owner...it will take mor ethan just cleaning the reps cages etc...itll need to bring in the bucks... if she can increase sales AND look after the reps well then she will no doubt be first in line for a promotion.

Good luck to her.

·
Registered
524 Posts
your gf, if she wishes to be put in a position of care for the reps... may want to cosider not only the rep wealfare but also sales....to impress the manager or shop owner...it will take mor ethan just cleaning the reps cages etc...itll need to bring in the bucks... if she can increase sales AND look after the reps well then she will no doubt be first in line for a promotion.

Good luck to her.

too true unfortunatly.. you can give those reps ure best efforts but if ure not eventually selling the boss/manager etc etc wont bat an eyelid.... i would definatly say is is not the case in any shops ive been in apart from one round this area.. but the ones that have reps in this conditions its clear to see y they got in to the buisness, and its purely profit!!

·
Registered
13,813 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
I know I should have said something, but I have had problems with them before, and its just easier for me to keep on good terms with them.
why would you want to keep on good terms with a shop like that? if there animals are being mistreated they should be reported, or atleast given a talking down.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tut , its bad too see int it,

do you think that they could have been like trying tooget them back too health or was they on sale like that? :(
As far as I could tell they were on sale, were all priced up, if tey ever have anything not for sale they wll not put a price on it

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Surely if they are as good as they like to tell people they would have seen this problem, it nerver used to be like that but maybe things have changed in recent months
they are good with somethings, but it seems they are more sales driven at the moment.

there is one person who works thier at weekends, who does seem to care about the animals, and to be honest he seems more like he would rather stand there all day and talk to eople about reps rather then make a sale.

I always go to him at the weekend, he usualy manages to get me to buy something, but he doesnt actually try :lol2:

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why would you want to keep on good terms with a shop like that? if there animals are being mistreated they should be reported, or atleast given a talking down.
I have had issues with them in the past, but i like going in and seeing what new stock they have, and also I get my livefood from there.

If I fell out with them where would I go on a saturday, like today went in there they have just got sand boa's in, and now I want one!:lol2:

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Awww I miss NRC - used to go there a lot at one stage - used to be scared to go as there was always something I would want and I would always be told no more reps!

I remember Pete (gone now I think) he was good to talk to and so was Matt (I think his name was) who used to keep savs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts