Reptile Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a CB11 female Afrock, and she has been very nervous since she first came to me. As such I have not handled her much, only very occasionally. She will hiss once in the viv, and sometimes poo on me when out, but hasn't actually given me a meaningful strike yet.

Any way, she is currently in a RUB whilst I am getting some new vivs built and has developed a small lump on her nose, and looks like it could be from nose rubbing, although I haven't seen her doing this very often. I am increasing the amount of cover in the enclosure and will be getting some more reptile anti septic soon, I have run out.

In the meantime is there anything else I can do to help the lump to heal, any reptile 'safe' human anti septic products, etc?

If it gets worse I will be taking her to the vet, but at the moment it is very minor I just obviously don't want it to get worse.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any body else with experience of nose rubbing? This is the first time I have come across this problem?

Also I while I am waiting to get some more povidone iodine or another reptile antiseptic, can F10 be used directly on snakes. I have the disinfectant not the antiseptic F10, and some have said they have used it on the snakes but I am not so sure??

·
Registered
817 Posts
I recently got a CB11 female Afrock, and she has been very nervous since she first came to me. As such I have not handled her much, only very occasionally. She will hiss once in the viv, and sometimes poo on me when out, but hasn't actually given me a meaningful strike yet.

Any way, she is currently in a RUB whilst I am getting some new vivs built and has developed a small lump on her nose, and looks like it could be from nose rubbing, although I haven't seen her doing this very often. I am increasing the amount of cover in the enclosure and will be getting some more reptile anti septic soon, I have run out.

In the meantime is there anything else I can do to help the lump to heal, any reptile 'safe' human anti septic products, etc?

If it gets worse I will be taking her to the vet, but at the moment it is very minor I just obviously don't want it to get worse.

Cheers
You'll need to work out whats causing he lump, could be rubbing or could be an infection from damage caused by a strike.

Whats abrasive in the rub? Any air holes with sharp edges on the inside?

From your first paragraph it sounds as if it may be damage caused by a missed strike. Does it strike the rub sides?

If your afrock doesn't settle in you be heading for all sorts of problems. If its pooing on you when you get it out it sounds really stressed.

Moving th rub somewhere quiet and covering it with a cloth may help to calm her down.

Haven't used F10, but you could have a look at this thread http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/snakes/481637-wanna-treat-snake-oh-honey.html

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.