Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

i was just sitting there with my nile monitor and noticed that at the tip of his mouth(beak) its veru pink and sore and i think this is because the amount of nose rubbing he does.
i have tried to make his encolsure as natrualistic as possible and i have also keep him entertained with crickets and mealworms but he still dies it.

i just wanted to hear if everyone elses monitors do this, ways to maybe stop him from doing it or treating it?

thanx everyone: victory:

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Its crazy because out of all my lizards my nile does it the most! I take him out loads and he still does it! :lol2:

·
Banned
11,446 Posts
My bosc had this a month or so back. Look at the power and force they catch the feeders, he'd really lay into them resulting in a bashed up nose. I think I tong fed fed himfir a while and it's all gone...til next time.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
They all do it! Considering they cant see glass you cant blame them for trying to walk out of their invisible walled prison! :lol2:

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
When i first got my tegu he did it.
I did reaserch into the cause and it looked like through others experince it was cage too small/refelction on the inside of the glass/too shallow a substrate lip(or made f glass)/ and eagerness to get out the viv.

Once mine was in his larger viv he seemed to stop it, and with rgular free roaming.
He'll still try scale his viv and does rub a little but to a point where its a sore.
I know that he knows that he knows how to slide the glass, its just a matter of time before he does it!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts