Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an "armadillo lizard" yesterday. I have many questions. Please answer asap! I don't know how to add pictures on here, but I can email pictures to you! I did some research and I think this little guy is a dwarf sungazer. Here are my main concerns.
What species is he?
Why does he stand in the same position for hours?
When I pick him up, he stays stiff.
Is it normal that he doesn't move his back legs much when he walks?
How can I get him to eat his small mealworms?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I got an "armadillo lizard" yesterday. I have many questions. Please answer asap! I don't know how to add pictures on here, but I can email pictures to you! I did some research and I think this little guy is a dwarf sungazer. Here are my main concerns.
What species is he?
Why does he stand in the same position for hours?
When I pick him up, he stays stiff.
Is it normal that he doesn't move his back legs much when he walks?
How can I get him to eat his small mealworms?
Unless you payed upwards of a grand it will more than likely be a 'Dwarf Sungazer'( Cordylus tropidosternum ). This is why I hate common names, every species has a few and then the common names they do get then covers a few species. It's so flubbing confusing.

I think a photo or two, and a full run down, of your set-up would help us answer your questions in better detail. Not moving it back legs really sounds like a job for the vet. Although I don't usually think it is best for WC animals it could be here.

It more than likely is wild caught so leave it well alone for at least a month( unless you go to the vet ). Only disturb it for feeding, watering and cleaning. My lot were very shy to start with but soon perked up and are one on the most active species of lizard I have.

Gavin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure how to post pictures. Can I send them through email? Since I don't know what species he is, the care is really confusing.
wood chips with some "cage furnature" and one cave. I will be adding more hiding spots soon. Slightly deep water dish and a shallow food dish. I'm adding a heat lamp and a UV lamp tomorrow. I've also been spraying the cage with RO water.

·
Premium Member
7,484 Posts
If you send me your email address I have a care sheet,

For starters,,,,wood chip is soooooo wrong!

Who sold you a sentient, highly evolved and solar powered animal with no UV system?????

Anyway I can help if you wish

John,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts