Reptile Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My yemen chameleon merlin has been doing great for the past month, eating drinking shedding fine. All temps humidity etc etc are up to scratch but the past 2-3 days i have noticed a lack in him drinking when i mist him. I'm usung the same misting bottle, the temp of the water is the same, warmed slightly and i'm using bottled water. Before he used to enjoy it so much he would come right up to the door and lap up all the droplets, now he just goes a bright green and runs away. I've got a dripper set up so i'm hoping he's at least drinking from that, but its hard to tell. This morning he did a poop and the white part was is sightly yellow which i'm thinkining is a sign of dehydration. I don't know why he isn't drinking i've tried misting him for longer but he just climbs further into the leaves.

Other than that he's fine, eating like a horse, moving around no other factors are stressing him out he seems fine! why is the little tinker not drinking!!!!???? Any suggestions?

p.s. I was thinking about putting him under the shower, but i'm affarid that our water might have too much chlorine in it and as i've been using bottled water i don't want the change to affect him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem

My Cham did the same thing bud, but after a while when I would mist the cage and he wouldn't drink the drops on the leaves or anything. After a few days I noticed he wasn't eating and wasn't very active. I went and bought a drip system. It was 8 bucks at petsmart. All it is a small tank with a hose coming out with a nozzle on top to adjust the flow of the drip. AS SOON as I put it in their and adjusted the drip he walked over to the hose an began to drink. It could be they just get bored with the same hydration system but maybe this will help you out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts