Reptile Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought 4 hatchling corns,born 0ct 06,i have 3 eating but one refuses,i have tried leaving the pinky in with him for short time/long time,bleeding it,cutting it in half,i am now force feeding a half a pinky every 3-4 days,anyone else got any advice?if force feeding will it do him any harm?will he start eating at some point himself if i persevere?any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
380 Posts
dont force feed him!!!!!! last resort mate, you will put him off food! or kill him! if you gotta force feed get someone who really knows their stuff, id rather tube feed myself.
have you tried scenting the pinkies with live mice?
where do you live, i may be able to help or i might be able to get someone to help

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
get a camera case box absoultley cover with holes i mine so there is hardly no spaces between hole (i used a needle and heated it up) place pinkie in case, then get corn in there, leave it alone for 1-2 hours, go back and check that got my little girl feeding i would always try this before force feeding

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have spoken to corn breeder in fife and he has said ok to force feed so i`m totally confused now.i am in fife.i will try the camera case although not sure looking at him that he will fit?just don`t want the little guy to die so willing to try anything. :cry:

G

·
weve had a corn for about 8 months now..maybe even longer...he`s a yearling..he`s never eaten and we got him off a neighbour and he wasnt eating for him(he`d escaped)...weve tried everything!over and over again...we tried small box/tub..leaving with pinkie in small case,tuna juice...the lot...even a live pinkie and a pre-killed....but we just cannot get him to eat...so we have to force feed the little bugger....such a pain...but if we dont then he`ll die

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
lnvexotics said:
weve had a corn for about 8 months now..maybe even longer...he`s a yearling..he`s never eaten and we got him off a neighbour and he wasnt eating for him(he`d escaped)...weve tried everything!over and over again...we tried small box/tub..leaving with pinkie in small case,tuna juice...the lot...even a live pinkie and a pre-killed....but we just cannot get him to eat...so we have to force feed the little bugger....such a pain...but if we dont then he`ll die
i would always try other methods like you have before decieding on force feeding. if he is only a baby he will go in a camera case if not just find something that is small enough that the snake and pinkie just fit in

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
try scenting with chick....... and if all else fails try a day old chick drumstick, this has worked for me and other forum members when evrything else has failed. its quite easy to get them on to pinks after that as well (by scenting them) much easier than weening them off live pinks.
good luck.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i`m sorry i might be acting dumb here,a drumstick???as in a chicks leg?lol

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
yup as in a day old chicks leg (cut off the leg/foot bit and offer the meaty bit. 8)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay dokay will give it a try!thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts