Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, gorgeous my parteners dragon isn't eating and she's got pritty thin which isn't good! she has not eaten for about to days but she has just stopped shedding.

+ we had a power cut the other day and had to take the small viv to my mums till the electric was fixed so she might be still a bit draumertised but my dragon stumpy is fine and eating well but her eyes are bigger than her belly

Thank you SamandGem

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
i wouldnt worry too much if its only been two days,how has she gotten skinny in two days? it could be stress caused by the moving around. If she looses alot of weight, take it to a vets, it could be impaction.

·
Registered
632 Posts
what do u keep her on and what type of dragon r we on about??
wax worms are going to be the best foodstuff to fatten her up... but because they taste sweet, you could end up with a picky feeder. keep an eye on it and check your temps r ok... is she housed alone or with a companion???

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
there beardies :) they look pretty youngish aswell, a few months old?

·
Registered
632 Posts
if they r being housed together, i'd seperate them to feed as it is so common for competitive feeders. try get a fresh pooh sample to your vet to ck for parasitesany loose bedding should be removed for now unti u know what your dealing with... impactations are common in beardies, but they also go thru a fasting stage called brumination? muscle wastage is a sign of trouble... get an appt with a herp vet this is important as normall small animal vets don't always no what they r on about :?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi thanx for the replys :) its been 4 days now they are feeding on crikets locusts cress parsly and corriander and the odd meal worm.
they are roughly 4 months old.

thanx again

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got an appointment with a reptil vet in Lanford at lunch time today.
She has gotten worse she barely moves and opens her eyes this morn. Let you all know how we get on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi there um we got perscribed a drug 4 gorgeous and some fluid mix.

:( but unfortunatly gorgeous died sunday evening @ 6:50 R.I.P

We have just sent her of to have a autopsy carried out to see what the cause of death was, whether it mite of been what we were perscribed from the vets or an abnormality in her from birth or other effects.
at the mo we are awaiting the results.

will let you know at a later date when we have recieved the results

thanx
samandgem

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys/gals the vet that did the autopsy rang today but we wern't in so we will ring in the morning and we should have the report 2moz.

cheers
SamandGem :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
vet said it was an inflammed gut caused by a bacteria infection that created a heamorrage :( . Got to send a sample of stumpys poo cus its possible she may have it.

SamandGem

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Hope Stumy's OK - but maybe if he also has the bacterial infection it has been caught in time and he'll get a course of antibiotics and all will be good for him. Fingers crossed here too/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts