Reptile Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently purchased a bearded dragon exactly a week ago, since then he has been eating fine, about 10-20 crickets a day. ( He is 2 months old)

However since yesterday he hasnt eaten a thing, not one cricket.

I feed him crickets, 4 times a week dusting them with calcium, twice a week with multi vitamin.

I decided to put some veg in today aswell and it hasnt been eaten at all.

I am using play sand as a substrate ( .. I know ) And im wondering, more like hoping, it isnt impaction.

He has excreted this morning and it had no sand in it at all or signs of digested sand.

The temperatures are 100-105 degrees on the basking spot. About 80-90 on the cool end.

Any help is appreciated.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Well your temperatures are fine.

I think its probably just he wasn't hungry. Many beardies and other animals have days where they just don't feel like eating. Which is fine as long as they don't do it for like continual days.

See if he eats tomorrow, if he does then its just a case of not being hungry, if he doesn't then continue to offer him food and veggies as you do and keep an eye out to how long it takes him to do his next poo.

Also were his temperatures the same in the place you got him? Does he seem dehydrated?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Check to see if he's gaping. Gaping isn't a bad thing unless he does it for long periods of time (we're talking 30mins+) then maybe he's finding it too warm in the viv, especially if his old viv had a much cooler temperature.

Is he becoming inactive? Is he normally running around happy as larry wahay! wippe! and has he suddenly become a bit larthargic and a bit inactive.

I'd wait and see what happens tomorrow before taking any action, if nothing changes tomorrow, then consider lightly misting him with a spray of coldish/slightly warm water

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
blimey!! Im well confused!!! I breed beardies...and have kept a 4 month old back who is a real fatty and not underweight at all but no way could he manage between 10-20 crix a day!! Even the babies dont eat that many!!

Hope u get him sorted and glad he started eating again xx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts