Reptile Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my order from Livefood UK and the entire tub of crickets is dead. Luckily I ordered locusts too, although they're not too healthy looking. If I just had dead crickets then poor Banana would have no food poor thing :(

Anyone else had a similar problem? I've emailed them hoping that I can get my money back or something because I can't afford to buy dead crickets that just get thrown out!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Just got my order from Livefood UK and the entire tub of crickets is dead. Luckily I ordered locusts too, although they're not too healthy looking. If I just had dead crickets then poor Banana would have no food poor thing :(

Anyone else had a similar problem? I've emailed them hoping that I can get my money back or something because I can't afford to buy dead crickets that just get thrown out!
Hi,

Are you sure they are just not a bit stunned, as the weather is very cold at the mo!

I would leave them at room temp for a bit and I bet you find they start to come alive!

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
ive never had a problem with them but if u phone and tell them whats happened they will send u out some more.problem is the cold weather is killing the crix and the locusts.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got an email saying the same thing, about them probably being stunned, so I'm gonna wait and see if they "wake up" or not, however livefood said they would send a replacement if they are dead, so I'm appeased... for now!

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Put them in a warm room for a good few hrs... when crix are cold they all appear dead! They are fairly hardy though...

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
Best to use the down time to put them in ur cricket keeper if u use one, replace the food [bran] and add some veg so when they wake up they eat that not the other stunned crix..also gives u a chance to count them.. rarely do you get that chance :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for everyones messages, they were just stunned and they've woken up now and Banana went absolutely mad for them and stuffed herself full - even though she'd already eaten half a dozen locusts! She's a greedy little girl that one.

·
Registered
13,813 Posts
good stuff..
best let livefoods know, they are good there.
glad banana er..got to eat...er..what is banana?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts