Reptile Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not a nice subject but i need to know,how often should i expect my leo to poo :oops: ive been wanting to know but also im worried if you all say daily that hes not! hes also taken to pooing outside his viv,when he comes out always on my son which my other son think its funny as hell,and i doubt very much any of you smell leo poo that often but it stinks big time,trust me ive scraped it off the school uniform several times :shock: any way it looks normal,little white egg shape followed by big brown poo,yuk sorry,anyway how often should i be picking off the son!

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
lol that made me chuckle, you know geckos tend to always poo in the same place right? lol. belly hurting from chuckling :lol: never really took notice to how often the geckos poop, its probably at lest every 2 days, though it probably is daily, there never fails to be a plop of poo in the corner, but then with 4 living together, its not unusual! I wouldnt worry about it if the poo looks healthy.

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we know about them pooing in chosen spot,hence younger laughing his arse off everytime older 1 gets pooed on,have just had a thought altho hes never pooed everyday,ive just changed his set up and given him day/night cycle,so bulb for day heat mat at nite......what if hes not digesting properly.........why do i worry sooo much.......im sure other people dont panic about all this,i squash mealies heads incase they eat out,i feed the crix enough food to feed a 3rd world country so they dont attack him,i even put veg in viv incase crix are hungry overnight have spares of everything incase 1 breaks...........OTT owner i must chill out

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
heatmat should be on all times really, the heat from undernaeth is what helps them digest so the bulb isnt doing much. if u want daytime viewing, just use a little normal bulb so it wont affect temps much.

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i thought so trouble is i bought him full grown in his set up which was bulb on 24/7 no other heat but it gets really warm,ive been advised not to change too much too soon,so ive gone for the day nite cycle as thats what most people advised me to change 1st,its unbelieveable he was 3yrs been feed only live mealworms no temp change bulb on always n hes a healthy old thing,my problem is i want him to live naturally as poss so im creating myself all this worry!

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
Its noticeable that with reptiles people panic if things aren't being done by whats written in the book , even though the animal itself is happy with what you give it. Cats and dogs havent always been dometic, can u imagine the trauma of gettign them to the stage of calmness and lovingness (of most) that they are at now? Sometimes changing things isnt always terrible if it still works out fine :)

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive been on here loads sometimes asking the stupidest of questions but i read all the care sheets and several books b4 getting him but alot have conflicting advice and at the end of the day nothing beats 1st hand advice from owners....now if this was a dog forum i could answer anything,i get very hung up on my pets having the very best quality of life sometime making myself frantic with worry lol just wanna do your best tho :D

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
well if he hasnt been kept 'by the book' and is still perfectly healthy, i wouldnt rush into putting him what IS written in the book in case u distress him. Personally I wouldnt change anything because thats how he's probably always lived and it might stop him eating even if he is put right.

·
Registered
21,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dont think anything would stop him eating,hes a greedy little git,i feed him with the light on as he seems to prefer it,i weighed him hes nearly 100g so im watching that carefully and how much he eats,incase the day/nite cycle doesnt work,he seems happier,ive removed the sand he was on,ive added a moist hide some greenery and calcium powder in a bowl,they didnt even dust his mealies,i vit dust now,and feed variety so those changes have worked well,just keeping an eye on him with this temp drop overnite and fingers crossed it will all come good

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
lol.it stinks doesnt it!!! mine did it on me the other day when he was having a shed and i was gettin it of his toes!my fiance found it very funny.i had about 4 showers trying get the smell off me.dirty little thing! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts