Reptile Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I have never used this forum before so thought I would say hi. I have kept animals for years, started with keeping and breeding fish, went on to Spiders, mantids etc......... I am always looking for new and unusual species to keep, (although at the moment money is a bit problematic for me!).

I also have a degree in Zoology which has taught me alot. I thought this would be a good place to gain some new knowledge and to make good contacts.

Steve.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From North West...12 miles maybe outside of Liverpool, near Southport if anyone knows it.

Spiders at the moment.....

Poecilotheria ornata X 2 (one adult male)

Acanthoscurria geniculata X 1

Lasiodora parahybana X 1

Holothele incei X 2

a few chili roses... 2 very small one medium

Hystocrates gigas X 1

I am always after more spiders that differ in behaviour and mode of living from those species that I already have.

Appart from a Leopard gecko, and a large P. zebra cichlid these are all the animals I have at the moment. My last few Orchid mantids have just died and I have phased out my fish keeping for the moment due to my travels abroad.

Might dabble in a few dendrobates (but they can be a bit pricy!), although I am basically interested in anything that I can fit into my house and shed.

As for fotos...I have a few not so good macro's I attempted a while back of a few species of mantids....I will have to dig them out. Can't take any more until I buy a new camera...the last one was stolen.

Steve

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Impressive list of spiders, although never kept them myself, they scare the hell out of me
No reason not to start! Thats exactly how I got into them...challenging my own fear. You can turn the same aspects of what you find scary about them into a fascination.

·
Registered
275 Posts
No reason not to start! Thats exactly how I got into them...challenging my own fear. You can turn the same aspects of what you find scary about them into a fascination.
Have to be honest had many types of lizards over the years some rare some not, but snakes scared the hell out of me as do spiders, but about a year ago the wife got me to hold a ball python in a shop, we now have a house full of snakes as well as the lizards and i love em all, so you never know one day i may try and get over the fear of spiders

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
welcome to the forum

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi, i'm from Southport too.
Seems to be a few from round here on this forum,
Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
:welcome1: to the Reptile Forums!!!!

Hope you like it here even if we are a bit mental in the off topic section but we are mostly all very sweet.

:lol2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts