Reptile Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I am intrested in an OBT communal set up but i have no experience with tarantular communal set ups so i need some help on what to do and how big the tub shood be ect, also how many i should put together i was thinking about 5-10

·
Banned
9,422 Posts
obt's aren't communal unless they're from the same sac i think!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i have a colony of 5 going strong :) great guys they will take advantage of arlboreal spaces so give them sticks and branches ect
make sure you buy slings from the same sac mine share food very cute to see lol

GOOD LUCK!!
Harry

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Hello all
I am intrested in an OBT communal set up but i have no experience with tarantular communal set ups so i need some help on what to do and how big the tub shood be ect, also how many i should put together i was thinking about 5-10
Nice deep faunarium, 18 inch long by foot high... 2/3rds fill it with substrate, maybe put a good looking bit a bogwood in there half bury it..... throw in your obts and leave them to it.... I pour a cup a water in one corner every 3 weeks or so in summer once a month if needed in winter and a for a 5 heavy commune about 10 crickets a fortnight.......it's great fun watching them erupt from the sub to take the crickets lol Valley a Death our poxicator call's it lol

Reactions: joemorgz

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
obt's aren't communal unless they're from the same sac i think!!

not quite true.... Ive had a commune going since christmas with 2 pairs from to differnet sacs lost one to date but wasnt eaten just simply died but the others are still going happy...I also believe Pete Lacey has the same going strong aswell :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks i was going to get about 5 mabey more slings and put them in a cicket tub standing upright to start of with with about 2" of eco earth in the botom and some stick, how humid shood i keep them ?

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I knew you could do this with pokies but not OBT :O

Any links for pics or vids people?!

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
Thanks i was going to get about 5 mabey more slings and put them in a cicket tub standing upright to start of with with about 2" of eco earth in the botom and some stick, how humid shood i keep them ?

grab yourself something about double the size of a cricket tub, for 5 id say its a bit small to be honest give them plenty of room.... They do interact and use the same tunnels and hides etc but if you cramp them I think it will end in disaster....

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
grab yourself something about double the size of a cricket tub, for 5 id say its a bit small to be honest give them plenty of room.... They do interact and use the same tunnels and hides etc but if you cramp them I think it will end in disaster....
^ this get a sweet jar or something that size with a good few inches of bedding
this way you dont have to interupt them for a wile :)

Harry

·
Registered
8,186 Posts
‪P. murinus RCF sling community‬‏ - YouTube < this is cool :D
and thanks guys i will get startes and see if eneyone has got some at kempton park, how damp shood i keep the earth and if i by slings from the same sack but are separated like you normaly see them forsale shood i just dump them all in the tub ?

Speak to poxicator on here, I'm not 100% if he still has any left it was a few months ago now but if anyone will have them in a commune he will :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.