Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

I am looking for a new home for my male ocellated uromastyx. Unfortunately I do not have the time or finances after a break up earlier in the year to be able to give him the home he deserves. He is around 3 years old and was bought from a reptile show in London.

Currently on a seed substrate and works fine for him as he likes to have a chomp. Eats - Crispy Salad, pea shoots (sainsburys), lentils, courgette, sweet potato and butternut squash, small amounts of fruit. currently has calcium 5 days per week and multivitamin dust at the weekend.

He is a little un, and is quite anti social.
He does get quite stressed out and doesn't like to be handled - I spent a lot of time with this guy and just could never get him to like humans very much lol. He will come to the window and sit on your hand but it is very much on his terms. He prefers to watch and hide bless him. Because of this he must go to a home that has experience and is also happy for him to just be and not to be handled lots.

He cant come with the vivarium as it is a home made one that has a second section attached to the side but is empty as my ex partner took his snake.

I do have a UV bulb which is 2 months old and ceramic 250wt and a new 100wt one if it is needed is interested for a small contribution.

Please inbox me for any other details.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
How much are you looking for or is it simply a re homing and not a sale? Would you be able to drive a certain distance?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi it is just a rehome no cost just a good home and someone who understands him
I can drive a little way if needed

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Poor thing, hope someone offers him a good home. Might be best asking for a little money to avoid someone just looking a freebie.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you can hold him until the weekend I will take him off your hands. I would come sooner but I have a courier of laudakia stellio brachydactyla arriving today which I need to monitor carefully for the first few days. I have had geyri uromastyx in the past so have hands on experience with uromastyx. Agamids are the best =D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts