Reptile Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
right....im thinking of getting a tarantula(even tho i really hate them) for my partners bday.
i DONT want ones that flick hairs....or bites or somethin....so which do you suggest?
plus....can they eat their way our of glass?
i heard they could

G

·
cant remember...but i heard they can eat their way out of anything...and as i have a massive phobia of spiders...this will be a problem if true lol

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if they can eat their way out of glass they definately eat their way out of plastic,,That means i have over 1800 tarantulas in my bug shed that are about to escape!!

Dont believe what you have been told,

tarantulas can, on occasion chew their way thru the thin insect netting that some manufacturers put in tanks. but thats about it, they cannot eat thru glass or decent plastic tanks. i have never lost a tarantula in this way in all of the 20 odd years i have kept and bred them..

All tarantulas are capable of biting but as a rull a good starter is a Chile Rose, very friendly and handleable

·
Banned
5,772 Posts
i thinkl nerys should be my friend, we think along the same wavelengths.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tarantulas

I have H.gigas /hercules (type of baboon T )and they have strength to bit through that wavy wire mess often used to ventilate tanks.they bit and pull backwards which bends and rips the metal,I have them as a colony in hugh tank.They have a fasinating complex community.
Vicki

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
Nerys said:
can they eat their way our of glass
who on earth told you that pack of shit!

N
Class sweetie! I read it and thought 'god the idiot who told you that knew your terrified of them and is messing with your head'

C.Rose are bloody gorg, and came became very very tame. My own personal experience with my own was she knew my tone of voice (vibration I made) and she would come to the front and wait to come out on my hand, she was so sweet. She didn't like men tho bless but we both got on really well.
xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts